News   May 16, 2024
 12     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 1.7K     0 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

hello bloom and others that have already moved in

i am asking if anyone has bell or rogers in there unit?or have any prices that they have got? is there a special rep for our condo?,as i called rogers and say there is no special rep,but as i saw in micheals old trailer they had a number and such for someone.but he says he lost it in the move to the unit,i am hoping someone can help to save us all much needed money,i am going to call bell tomorrow,but i am not holding my breath with them

ps hows the move going bloom and anyone else that has moved in

oew, don't have any bell/rogers pricing info (and don't plan on using either of them either)

But here's the TV signal analysis for Wilshire: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=ccd132934173c1

IMO, it's pretty good, certainly better than what I get now in Markham. So, if you want a no fee TV option, OTA antenna looks to be a viable option.

(Note, indoor antenna requires approx. 35+db noise margin (NM))

Last edited:
Hi OEW,

I haven't gotten bell or rogers yet but I can tell you that Wilshire probably has a deal with bell. When you move in, you'll get a folder and one of the things inside is a bell info kit.

I haven't moved in yet. I just have my keys. The move is taking place on Saturday morning. :) I'm very excited!

Do you think I should report it on my 30 day Tarion form then?

I figure they might need to screw the mounting on the wall, where the "glass mirror back splash" is :)

I don't see this an issue with tile, but for glass, you know what will happen when you try to drill through it without proper gear.

I was refering to the smoke detectors in the unit.

I don't know when the garbage shoot will be done. I'll try to remember to ask on Saturday.

No, I haven't gotten my cable yet. I'll keep you posted.

The noise is fine. My unit has an entry hallway so it really helps to buffer any sound from the hallway.

Hey kooch and bloom

Are you talking about the dectectors in the unit or hall?

Thanks for the info,any idea on when the garbage shoot will be done?

And this question is for bloom,have you gotten your cable yet? If so who? Bell or rogers? If not do you have any numbers or info for us on this?

Also how is the noise?

Does anyone know if there will be a laundry room in our building? I assumed not but in the package I got at occupancy, there is mention of a laundry room in several places.

Does anyone know if there will be a laundry room in our building? I assumed not but in the package I got at occupancy, there is mention of a laundry room in several places.

Hey bloom

Did you not see it in the pdi?mine is after the kitchen. And I am calling the property manager about the Rogers/bell deals,at my pdi on Monday he showed us the garbage shoot,all you do is press the button pending on what you want to throw out and put it down the shoot,he mentioned the party room is not done yet,and when I asked how long we will have to pay rent for our unit he said 3 mts,for all whoo don't know tony took over this project only a yr and a half ago,Wich is when things actully happens in this unit .

LOL! Yes, I saw my laundry room. I should have specified. I meant, does the condo building have a communal laundry room?

Hey bloom

Did you not see it in the pdi?mine is after the kitchen. And I am calling the property manager about the Rogers/bell deals,at my pdi on Monday he showed us the garbage shoot,all you do is press the button pending on what you want to throw out and put it down the shoot,he mentioned the party room is not done yet,and when I asked how long we will have to pay rent for our unit he said 3 mts,for all whoo don't know tony took over this project only a yr and a half ago,Wich is when things actully happens in this unit .

Hi everyone,

I went by the bldg on the weekend and its coming along nicely. The lobby is nice...though its just 2 - 3 pillars right now...but its spacious. the hallways are long. All the 1st floors have the doors put up and we peeked at the 1st floor apartments through the windows and looks like the flooring is being put in. The kitchens are not gone in yet. I did not find any cable information in Michaels office...but we are getting mail from Bell...so I thinks its Bell who has a tieup with Norstar.

Any updates on PDI's anyone? All the best to the ones moving in. Hope to see u guys the next time we stop by.

That's what I thought also,even though the 1st floor should have been ready 1st, lol norstar.

Hey bloom how's the condo anything new to report?

Hi guys,

To all who are still waiting for their PDI or move, FYI, Norstar will not give you any final confirmation of your move. The tentative notice will be your final notice. If you tried to contact Norstar, they will ask you to contact your lawyer. In fact, Norstar's lawyer will post the notice in their website 3 days before you moving date. I find Norstar a sleazy outfit, no regards to all buyer considering that most are first time home buyers who worked too hard raise their down payments. All they care is how to get more money out from you. FYI again, if you missed your interim closing there will be a penalty.
I compared Norstar to a Grinch, the took away the joy of home ownership by not giving proper notices and any considerations to their buyers.

Hi guys,

To all who are still waiting for their PDI or move, FYI, Norstar will not give you any final confirmation of your move. The tentative notice will be your final notice. If you tried to contact Norstar, they will ask you to contact your lawyer. In fact, Norstar's lawyer will post the notice in their website 3 days before you moving date. I find Norstar a sleazy outfit, no regards to all buyer considering that most are first time home buyers who worked too hard raise their down payments. All they care is how to get more money out from you. FYI again, if you missed your interim closing there will be a penalty.
I compared Norstar to a Grinch, the took away the joy of home ownership by not giving proper notices and any considerations to their
buyers.

Can you go into more detail on missing your interim closing date? Do you mean not showing up to get your keys? And how much is the fine?

More norstar low blow tactics

Can you go into more detail on missing your interim closing date? Do you mean not showing up to get your keys? And how much is the fine?

More norstar low blow tactics

I think agp means if you're late in getting the cheques to your lawyer as well as signing the documents. As AGP pointed out, your lawyer only finds out about your occupancy costs and papers to sign less than 1 week before your interim (occupancy) date. This leaves you little time to organize the cheques and set up an appointment with your lawyer. As long as you see your lawyer at least 2 business days before your closing date, you will be fine. Your lawyer will courier the documents & cheques to Norstar, and then you wait for the phone call to get your keys on your occupancy date.

We're about to get our keys this morning, 1 day late, as we were called after 5pm yesterday with the key release approval.

Argh! They're so annoying with waiting until the last minute to release keys, aren't they? Congratulations though!!! What floor are you on Nels?

I think agp means if you're late in getting the cheques to your lawyer as well as signing the documents. As AGP pointed out, your lawyer only finds out about your occupancy costs and papers to sign less than 1 week before your interim (occupancy) date. This leaves you little time to organize the cheques and set up an appointment with your lawyer. As long as you see your lawyer at least 2 business days before your closing date, you will be fine. Your lawyer will courier the documents & cheques to Norstar, and then you wait for the phone call to get your keys on your occupancy date.

We're about to get our keys this morning, 1 day late, as we were called after 5pm yesterday with the key release approval.

That's what I thought as well but the package talks about things like smoking and how people aren't allowed to smoke in the laundry room. Well, if you smoke in your unit then you'll be smoking in your laundry room so I thought maybe there was a communal laundry facility somewhere that I didn't know about. They probably just didn't edit the material they're giivng out.

I highly doubt it... it certainly wasn't pointed out in any of the brochures...

Perhaps it just means your personal laundry room?

Back