News   May 10, 2024
 157     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 618     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 891     1 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

possibility to damage your network card if you use phone and network over same wire. if you don't use phone

Only if it's wired incorrectly.

Even though it is cat5e cable, it is prewired to work with phone, not network.

If they're RJ45's, wired as T568A or B, they'll work for both phone and 10/100.

I'm not used to wiring it this way, and don't want to use my network card to test :p so safer to have 2 wires. Besides the bridge for phone would have to be changed if this method is used as the one comes with is phone only, I prefer to put a router there which connects to all rooms instead :)

Only if it's wired incorrectly.

If they're RJ45's, wired as T568A or B, they'll work for both phone and 10/100.

Hello Neighbours,

Nice to see everyone enjoying their new home. I'm finally moved in, though there are still a lot of PDI issues that were never addressed. It seems like they just finished what was in progress at the time, but they did not touch any of the issues that were noted; I guess it's all going onto the 30 day list.

Has anyone heard anything about final closing? Hopefully, there are no issues, but, being Norstar, I would not put any money on that. Hey, on a more positive note, I noticed some of the builder's listings on MLS. They seem to be asking well above the prices that we paid for similar units. I've also noticed that the building is already being used as a dump. I was not impressed to see all that garbage lying around at the chutes and on the first floor next to the loading entrance. Even, with threat of fines hanging on the wall - I think the property manager posted them, folks are still not willing to take their garbage to the dumpster outside. We need to nip this in the bud quickly. Hopefully the condo board will be strict in dealing with with folks who just "don't get it". Have you guys notice this issue?

Re mail delivery, I saw that the walkway is now ready. I was told by a guy at Canada Post that they will be inspecting the building this week to see if it's now "SAFE" for the mailman. If it gets the green light, mail should start flowing by the end of this week. :)

Hey Koff,

Great to hear you've moved in!

I wonder if Canada Post will be dropping off (once they get the go ahead) older mail that hasn't been picked up yet at the postal station?

Our third floor had wallpaper installed a couple of weekends ago. The hallway carpets were done last week. Things are looking pretty good. The elevators have sure taken a beating so far, eh?

We dropped by unit 225, which is now Michael's sales office and one of the units for sale, just to have a look at the layout.

Hello Neighbours,

Nice to see everyone enjoying their new home. I'm finally moved in, though there are still a lot of PDI issues that were never addressed. It seems like they just finished what was in progress at the time, but they did not touch any of the issues that were noted; I guess it's all going onto the 30 day list.

Has anyone heard anything about final closing? Hopefully, there are no issues, but, being Norstar, I would not put any money on that. Hey, on a more positive note, I noticed some of the builder's listings on MLS. They seem to be asking well above the prices that we paid for similar units. I've also noticed that the building is already being used as a dump. I was not impressed to see all that garbage lying around at the chutes and on the first floor next to the loading entrance. Even, with threat of fines hanging on the wall - I think the property manager posted them, folks are still not willing to take their garbage to the dumpster outside. We need to nip this in the bud quickly. Hopefully the condo board will be strict in dealing with with folks who just "don't get it". Have you guys notice this issue?

Re mail delivery, I saw that the walkway is now ready. I was told by a guy at Canada Post that they will be inspecting the building this week to see if it's now "SAFE" for the mailman. If it gets the green light, mail should start flowing by the end of this week. :)

Hey guys

Here on the 5th floor wallpaper just started, from what I know the big cardboard and ect is to be put in the dump by the delivery doors, also the garbage and food waste can be thrown Dow the Shute, but guys let's keep it clean,also anyone get the door stopper from the guy that's come around lately? And what about the closed circuit video from the area ppl come in,are we supposed to get that?

Hey Koff,

Great to hear you've moved in!

I wonder if Canada Post will be dropping off (once they get the go ahead) older mail that hasn't been picked up yet at the postal station?

Our third floor had wallpaper installed a couple of weekends ago. The hallway carpets were done last week. Things are looking pretty good. The elevators have sure taken a beating so far, eh?

We dropped by unit 225, which is now Michael's sales office and one of the units for sale, just to have a look at the layout.

Thanks Nels_TO,

From what I've been told by Canada Post, the older mail will be delivered once the deliveries start rolling. Yes, the common elements are progressing nicely; I can't wait to see what the roof is going to look like.

So, what's ur opinion of the listed unit? I plan to check out the open house if it's on again this weekend. I hope they sell at or above the asking; it would set a good precedent for the current owners who are thinking about selling in the short run.

By the way, do you know what might be given consideration re the 30 day items. There are lots of items such as dings, scratches on the walls, etc. How picky can I get?

Koff

Hey One eye wonder,

I got the door stopper from the guy; I figured that it would cost about the same as what he was charging for me do it myself - item plus gas at $1.50/L (super..lol). I think he is also offering security systems to protect your Renoirs and Monets or Group of Sevens...hey, u gotta support the local stuff. :)

By the way, I have to check my documents, but are we allowed to drill into the walls to hang stuff before final closing?

Hey One eye wonder,

I got the door stopper from the guy; I figured that it would cost about the same as what he was charging for me do it myself - item plus gas at $1.50/L (super..lol). I think he is also offering security systems to protect your Renoirs and Monets or Group of Sevens...hey, u gotta support the local stuff. :)

By the way, I have to check my documents, but are we allowed to drill into the walls to hang stuff before final closing?

Hi guys. could someone please post the name and number for the rogers rep for the building. I have been having major problems with bell re. phone and t.v. hook up and am thinking of going with rogers. thanks.

kooch

with the phone hookup they were booked to come out april 8th 8 til 12. no one showed up. when i called they said someone had been there working on the box outside. i still had no dial tone. they wanted to charge me a service charge to come inside to find out what the problem was. i declined. after many phone calls and talking with alexandra the problem was that the bell tech had to come into the unit to activate the jacks which he should have known but didn't do.so i had no working phone for one week . when my bill came they were charging me for the week and i had to request that they change the effective billing date.

with t.v. i had an installation date of april 8th 8 til 12. again no one showed up and i did not get any call. i re booked for april 25th 12 to 5. 2 days before the installation bell tech called to cancel the installation because rogers had declined permission to transfer the line. i called rogers and they had idea what bell was talking about. i called bell back and made sure that everything was cleared with rogers and re booked the installation for the 26th 12 til 5. we received a phone message saying the installation would happen between 8 and 5. i waited all day and another no show. i called bell and they said the install was delayed until 6:30 pm. by 7 no one had arrived and their offices were closed. i called bell the next morning and after bumping it up to management level it turns out that the problem was caused by rogers providing a free temporary feed into my unit. I was told i needed to have rogers come to the condo and make the disconnect in the basement before bell could install. when i called rogers to do this i was told that i could not give permission for this ...that the building manager would have to do so. i called alexandra and she said this was not so. It was my unit and i would have to give permission. i called rogers back made the appointment for the disconnet and gave them alexandra's contact info. when i called bell back to re-book the install they said that my order had been cancelled and that i would have to re submit another order. they requested 2 pieces of i.d. and credit card info which i refused to give them. i had never been asked for this info. on my 4 previous submissions of my order. they said they could not process the order without the requested info. i asked to speak to a manager. they tried to stall me but i insisted and was finally connected with someone in montreal. i gave him until tomorrow to sort the mess out. he made no promises but would look into it. when i called rogers back to cancell the disconnect order temporarily while i sort this out i was told that there was no disconnect order on file. i am sure when i arrive home tonight...the way things have gone...that i will no longer have the free rogers cable signal.

with regards to the bell internet. i had arranged my bundle with building rep...i believe her name is andrea...and was told i could have a hi speed internet service similar to one i had at my previous location. 2 days before my installation i was contacted by another department and told that i had been misinformed and that the requested service was not available at fairfax. i cancelled the internet and went with teksavvy.

it's been very frustrating.

kooch

Rogers Rep I Used

Hi Kooch,

I went to "RedFlagDeals" back in March to search for Rogers deals. I only needed cable, and I spoke to Steve, who offered me 3 months free for VIP package,+ HD box, NO contract :) If I stay with them after 3 months, I'd pay half price rental fee on the HD cable box. I can cancel at any time, as long as I give 30 days notice before my 3 month free period ends.

Today, I checked the redflagdeals site again, and saw this:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY (TORONTO AND SURROUNDING AREA):
Below is the best deal for new customers only.
They will know what you're talking about if you tell them you found out about them through RedFlagDeals.

*Remember, people have been getting PVRs through retentions from the NEW CUSTOMERS DEAL from as early as two weeks in! You just have to have some luck on your side!

The Steve Deals

ALL 3 OFFERS EXPIRE APRIL 30TH 2011!
If you want it, get it now!

#1 VIP OFFER
6 months free Digital VIP cable
6 months free Extreme internet
6 months free Home phone with 2 features
6 months free HD-PVR + TMN movies
-2yr commitment
Works out to over 25% savings overall

#2 BASIC OFFER
$15 Basic cable for 2yrs
-2yr verbal commitment
Works out to almost 50% savings overall

#3 VIP OFFER
3 months free Digital VIP cable
-12mo verbal commitment
At request:
3 months free Extreme internet
3 months free Home phone with 2 features
Works out to 25% savings overall

CONTACT # FOR NEW CUSTOMER DEALS:
Toll free: 1-800-605-6678

Generally great experience, you'll generally have an easy time talking to Steve.
Nice and patient and works to try to get you more than what I list here (if he can), which is a good thing.
Works for Rogers, RECOMMENDED by many RFDers
==========================================================

I got the cable installed within 2 days, on a SUNDAY, even! Before my 3 months are up, I'll try my luck with customer relations and see what kind of discount they can offer on a 1 or 2-yr contract.

Give it a try, and see what he can offer you. You should mention the "RFD" just in case.

Cheers.

Good luck!

Hey Koff,

Thanks for the info on the mail situation. I dropped by the postal outlet on Eglinton to pick up my mail this morning. I asked the lady who gave my mail if she had any info on when we might be getting our mail physically delivered, and she had no clue. I was just getting a bit paranoid that I might miss a letter from Norstar / Tarion or something.

Regarding the listing for unit 225, it looked nice overall. Same furniture used as before; just oriented differently, of course. Kitchen had a mirror backsplash, which was my first time seeing one, since we'd chosen tile. Nice, open concept living/dining room, with tons of natural light, given it's a corner unit.

Regarding the 30-day form, I'd list everything that needs fixing, including walls that have dings & scratches. We have the same in our bathroom & den. Our kitchen cabinets has some noticeable scratches - I wonder how they'll fix that... Tarion was quick to post my 30-day form online for me to view. Nortar has something like 4 months to fix the deficiencies, so I'm not holding my breath.

About the door stopper - has someone actually gone around to putting them for us?

Thanks Nels_TO,

From what I've been told by Canada Post, the older mail will be delivered once the deliveries start rolling. Yes, the common elements are progressing nicely; I can't wait to see what the roof is going to look like.

So, what's ur opinion of the listed unit? I plan to check out the open house if it's on again this weekend. I hope they sell at or above the asking; it would set a good precedent for the current owners who are thinking about selling in the short run.

By the way, do you know what might be given consideration re the 30 day items. There are lots of items such as dings, scratches on the walls, etc. How picky can I get?

Koff

with the phone hookup they were booked to come out april 8th 8 til 12. no one showed up. when i called they said someone had been there working on the box outside. i still had no dial tone. they wanted to charge me a service charge to come inside to find out what the problem was. i declined. after many phone calls and talking with alexandra the problem was that the bell tech had to come into the unit to activate the jacks which he should have known but didn't do.so i had no working phone for one week . when my bill came they were charging me for the week and i had to request that they change the effective billing date.

with t.v. i had an installation date of april 8th 8 til 12. again no one showed up and i did not get any call. i re booked for april 25th 12 to 5. 2 days before the installation bell tech called to cancel the installation because rogers had declined permission to transfer the line. i called rogers and they had idea what bell was talking about. i called bell back and made sure that everything was cleared with rogers and re booked the installation for the 26th 12 til 5. we received a phone message saying the installation would happen between 8 and 5. i waited all day and another no show. i called bell and they said the install was delayed until 6:30 pm. by 7 no one had arrived and their offices were closed. i called bell the next morning and after bumping it up to management level it turns out that the problem was caused by rogers providing a free temporary feed into my unit. I was told i needed to have rogers come to the condo and make the disconnect in the basement before bell could install. when i called rogers to do this i was told that i could not give permission for this ...that the building manager would have to do so. i called alexandra and she said this was not so. It was my unit and i would have to give permission. i called rogers back made the appointment for the disconnet and gave them alexandra's contact info. when i called bell back to re-book the install they said that my order had been cancelled and that i would have to re submit another order. they requested 2 pieces of i.d. and credit card info which i refused to give them. i had never been asked for this info. on my 4 previous submissions of my order. they said they could not process the order without the requested info. i asked to speak to a manager. they tried to stall me but i insisted and was finally connected with someone in montreal. i gave him until tomorrow to sort the mess out. he made no promises but would look into it. when i called rogers back to cancell the disconnect order temporarily while i sort this out i was told that there was no disconnect order on file. i am sure when i arrive home tonight...the way things have gone...that i will no longer have the free rogers cable signal.

with regards to the bell internet. i had arranged my bundle with building rep...i believe her name is andrea...and was told i could have a hi speed internet service similar to one i had at my previous location. 2 days before my installation i was contacted by another department and told that i had been misinformed and that the requested service was not available at fairfax. i cancelled the internet and went with teksavvy.

it's been very frustrating.

kooch

hey kooch

im sorry to hear that, ive had no isses (but i have not got my bill yet lol) i called andrea the bell rep and there was no issues ,the bell tech for the the phone and net were done by one person and tv by another,they both came at the same day.but i found rogers to be too expensive,even the steve deal was expensive(of course i mean after the free 3 or 6 mths deal) as i am not paying for my hdpvr and modem,how much is everyone geting charged thats with rogers? i am paying around 100$ for all 3 services and as mentioned free modem and hd pvr.and as for the post mail,i believe bloom has the inside scoop with this.

Back