News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 357     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 923     1 

Will the USA elect a woman for President in 2008 or 2012?

M

MetroMan1000

I was talking in another thread about Hilary Clinton running for the Democratic nomination in 2008 to become President and I thought I should open a new thread on this subject.

Many people were hoping for Hilary to run this time around but do you think the USA is ready to elect it's first woman president? Is Hilary Clinton up to the job?

What would Bill be called. First Gentleman? lol

There is speculation that Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice are both eyeing 2008 when Bush steps down (if he wins the election this year).

Al Gore is said to be preparing to toss his name back in the hat in 2008 if Bush wins this year. Comments on that?

Another possibility would we for Bill Clinton to come back in 2008 as well. Is this possible? Can he run a 3rd term as long as it's not consecutive with his previous 2 terms?

Re: Will the USA elect a woman for President in 2008 or 2001

20012 sounds about right.

I don't know, maybe Heckles or someone with better knowledge of social values in the States could answer this. Are people able to look past a person's sex and critisize them as an individual, or will they only be able to see them as a woman? How about southern states? How many female governors, senators, or congressmen are there?

Re: Will the USA elect a woman for President in 2008 or 2001

"No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice" says the 22nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

So, no more Bill.

Re: Will the USA elect a woman for President in 2008 or 2012

thanks for the info ... but damn... that sucks....

despite the crap the media put him through concerning his endeavours in the oval office, he was pretty much the best damn president the US has seen in a long time. I'd love to have him back... I guess the closest to that would have his wife run the country :tup: then maybe she can have some of her own Intern adventures too :rollin

Not going to happen for a looooooooong time.

I hold out hope that Hillary could win in 2008 or '12. Granted, there will be doubters, and those with a patriarchal frame of mind who will doubt her (or any woman) can pull off the job, but I think the day is not far off when we will see a woman President.

Or maybe we are aiming too high here... how about getting someone other than 'middle aged white guy' in the office? I always liked Powell, though I dislike Rice for the position (but not because of her gender nor her race).

Dennis Haysbert for President!

Kofi Annan for President!

Michael Moore for president!

I doubt the US is ready for a woman in 2008 or even 2012. I also doubt that the US is ready for a non-white person. That kills the idea of Hilary, Colin and DEFINITLY condoleeza.

All presidents will be white males for a long time.

How about a minority Prime Minister for Canada? Predictions of when (if) this will happen?

"No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice" says the 22nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

Dammit! Does that mean Bush will have two terms after this one? I mean...he wasn't elected after all...

Condaleeza Rice will go back to Stanford and Chevron when she is finished in the Administration.

She's gonna get mega paid by both those companies.

And chevron owe's her now for all her great work in securing Iraqi Oil fields.

How about a minority Prime Minister for Canada? Predictions of when (if) this will happen?

Try 1992 when Mulroney stepped down and Kim Campbell became Prime Minister for an embarassingly few months before the party was reduced from 150+ seats to 2.

If you meant ethnic minority..... I bet it will be long before the US.

Back