News   May 02, 2024
 217     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 156     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 208     0 

Will Justin Trudeau's Liberals win every seat in Toronto again?

Will the Liberals win every seat in Toronto again?

• Yes

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 51.3%

• Total voters
It's very disappointing that many people who vote don't really care enough to do some research on the candidates in their own riding.

So, does Vuong get pressured to immediately resign his seat, or do you think he sticks with it and sits as an Independent?

I'm pretty sure if he resigns on Day 2, he gets $92,500, or half his annual salary, in lieu of a pension for not being in office for 6 years.

Democracy!
There is no reason for him to resign, he wasn't convicted of any crime. I hope if he wins he goes and sits as an independent - the Libs will have to bow and scrape to get Toronto Spadina-Fort York's MP to attend another photo op.

Davenport is the one remaining race that will decide if Toronto stays all red.

I'm undecided on how the mail-in ballots will play out. I suspect mail-in votes are more likely among older voters, who are probably more likely to vote Liberal, but there might be less strategic vote flippers among the mail-ins, which could help the NDP.

1632252645122.png

Davenport was very neck and neck last night in the ballot race. Seems like every half an hour, it'll be the Liberals and NDP taking turns with who was on top by 100 votes or so.

The mail in ballots can go either way, but it does feel like the Liberals have just enough to eke by. A lot of the older Portuguese and Italians families in the riding are Liberal lifers due to their allegiance with Trudeau's dad for when they first came to Canada.

While the NDP tend to be more popular among young families who've gradually integrated into the area later on as population patterns started to shift and renew itself, and with younger folks in general. I think Alejandra Bravo's team have also put in more effort with community outreach during this campaign.

Last edited:
Remarkably the answer to this question has not been determined. 300 votes separating the Liberals and NDP in Davenport with just the mail-in ballots left.

Kevin Vuong has declared that he will sit as an independent MP. This is unprecedented -- on a very rare occasion, an independent MP is elected, but in those cases, it's an incumbent who left or got kicked out of a party before the election call. This is what happened when John Nunziata was elected as an independent in 1997 in York South-Weston and when Jody Wilson-Raybould was elected in 2019 in Vancouver Granville.

Edit: Andre Arthur, an unaffiliated Quebec conservative, was the last rookie MP elected as an independent, in 2006.

Last edited:
Unlike the Nunziatas - I don't imagine he had much hold on the riding on his own.

AoD

No. They voted for the party/leader. Maybe they glanced at the brochure and saw the name of the candidate, a photo of him meeting the Queen, and that he was a naval officer and an entrepreneur or whatever. So few people read the candidate's bios and credentials in any detail.

Given the high turnover in a riding full of rented-out condos, long-time name recognition would mean a lot less in present-day Spadina-Fort York than it did in 1990s York South-Weston.

Of course this opportunistic vulture isn't going to step down. One look at his resume makes that clear.

He won solely due to party affiliation, and that is something the local voters in the riding will have to live with.

When Liberal MPs and the provincial Liberal leader are both telling you to stand down, yet you put out this statement:

View attachment 350723
View attachment 350724

LOL. He's not going to make any friends in politics with that kind of tone-deaf public defiance against his own party's demands that he step down.

Sounds like yet another delusional egomaniac.

Back