News   May 02, 2024
 41     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 144     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 1.3K     5 

Will Justin Trudeau's Liberals win every seat in Toronto again?

Will the Liberals win every seat in Toronto again?

• Yes

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 51.3%

• Total voters
The Liberals are sort of in a Catch 22 in a lot of progressive-leaning urban ridings like Davenport, Parkdale High Park and Toronto Danforth.

On the one hand, they are polling well, but the NDP is also polling better than 2019. More importantly, the low polling for the CPC means that the Liberals will have a harder time convincing soft NDP/leftish-flexible voters to vote strategically for the Liberals because the CPC boogeyman is no longer within reach of a majority.

I could even see a scenario where the Liberals increase their national seat count, but lose a smattering urban ridings like Davenport due to a decline in strategic voting among leftish progressive types.

Alejandra Bravo is a very good candidate for the NDP. She speaks Portuguese as well as her native Spanish. She has performed well in the more Liberal, ethnic northern part of the riding in the past.

I'm cautious of riding-era polls. In 2019 there was a poll in Hamilton Centre - I think by Ekos - that had the Liberals up by two. On Election Day the NDP won by 18 points.

I also recall a lot of 2018 municipal ward-level polls being way off on Election Day.

I'm cautious of riding-era polls. In 2019 there was a poll in Hamilton Centre - I think by Ekos - that had the Liberals up by two. On Election Day the NDP won by 18 points.

I also recall a lot of 2018 municipal ward-level polls being way off on Election Day.
Sample sizes for those local ridings tend to be smaller than you would like for drawing polling conclusions.

We still don't have confirmed candidates for Spadina-Fort York. Informally it looks like Norm DiPasquale (NDP), Amanda Rosenstock (Green), Kevin Vuong (Liberal) & Ian Roden (PPC), why is Elections Canada dragging it's feet on confirming candidates?

We still don't have confirmed candidates for Spadina-Fort York. Informally it looks like Norm DiPasquale (NDP), Amanda Rosenstock (Green), Kevin Vuong (Liberal) & Ian Roden (PPC), why is Elections Canada dragging it's feet on confirming candidates?

I heard there are two key delays:

1. Candidates need to get 150 signatures before getting on the ballot, which is a lot harder to do during COVID.
2. Elections Canada riding returning offices aren't all open yet, as it's taking longer to set up with COVID precautions.

Toronto Centre is sadly a Liberal lock until hell freezes over. Makes me not want to vote.
It makes me think Paul is either an idiot, incredibly arrogant, or doesn't actually care about the party. Her behaviour is completely unfathomable. Is this all just a personal vanity project for her?

I did a an unscientific sign census from Cabbagetown through Riverdale, Leslieville and The Beaches this morning. Liberal signs are all over Toronto Centre, with a few Green sightings, NDP and Liberals signs are pretty evenly split in Toronto Danforth, and its it's nothing but Liberal signs in The Beaches. Of course, signs don't vote, but they can give a sense of resources and momentum.

Speaking of The Beaches, I heard from a Liberal friend that Beaches councillor Brad Bradford's mom is running for the Liberals in Kitchener South—Hespeler.

Last edited:
I did a an unscientific sign census from Cabbagetown through Riverdale, Leslieville and The Beaches this morning. Liberal signs are all over Toronto Centre, with a few Green sightings, NDP and Liberals signs are pretty evenly split in Toronto Danforth, and its it's nothing but Liberal signs in The Beaches. Of course, signs don't vote, but they can give a sense of resources and momentum.

Speaking of The Beaches, I heard from a Liberal friend that Beaches councillor Brad Bradford's mom is running for the Liberals in Kitchener South—Hespeler.

Valerie Bradford is indeed running there!

Back