News   Sep 04, 2024
 16     0 
News   Sep 03, 2024
 703     2 
News   Sep 03, 2024
 1K     1 

Wikipedia:Toronto

I tried to make one, although I still don't think it's as good as it should be. If anyone is better at photoshop by all means, give it a go.

Also if you're wondering, all the images I used are licensed under wikimedia commons.

test1zb8.jpg

Other ideas: a nice photo of the ROM (minimising the defects), TTC streetcar, a decent pic of Dundas Square, Toronto Island...

ROM_Crystal_Day.jpg

510-streetcar.jpg

dundassquareHDR.jpg
[/IMG]

toronto_island_couple_table_city-view_01.jpg

Note: some of these pics are copyrighted.

I'd call it gratuitously over-edited, but maybe that's just me.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the mini photo montages that a few cities have on Wikipedia. I think a good skyline photo, from the Islands ideally, is the best way to start the page. The collage comes off as being a little cheesy

ganjavih!!

That last picture would be fantastic to use! Unfourtunatly it's by the guy who does top left pixel, and all of his work is copyrighted. Another gem that is also copyrighted is redrooms western skyline pictures.

2869293459_d9886474df.jpg

and

2865813614_f59b0fdc77.jpg

If only copyright wasn't an issue.

Wikipedia: Toronto

I've tried to update the Toronto page on Wikipedia, but my membership status isn't good enough to edit the locked page.

Many of the pictures are out of date, especially the 360 panorama, which doesn't even have 1 CityPlace tower, and the Nighttime skyline shot, which is at least 7 years old.

I figured since many people on here are technically savvy, and have the pictures to boot, why not take the opportunity and update our Wikipedia page.

Because we all know that's how a lot of people access information nowadays. It would be nice to have a current representation of our city.

The 360 panorama is seriously out of date, by almost 10 years. 1 King West is still under construction.

Anybody have a recent 360 photo we could replace it with?

ganjavih!!

That last picture would be fantastic to use! Unfourtunatly it's by the guy who does top left pixel, and all of his work is copyrighted. Another gem that is also copyrighted is redrooms western skyline pictures.

2869293459_d9886474df.jpg

and

2865813614_f59b0fdc77.jpg

If only copyright wasn't an issue.

Redroom seems like a nice enough guy, maybe he would let you use it!!

Back