News   May 03, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 651     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 304     0 

Why Toronto isn't Buffalo, and vice versa

There are many fine buildings in Buffalo that I wish were here.

Ottawa has a few neat pedestrian buttons that flash when activated, and the LED lights lined up in a circle like a clock, then countdown to when the light will change.

Worst pedestrian crossing IMO: Yonge Street between Shuter and Dundas. That light never seems to change for pedestrians.

Between Shuter and Dundas:

That light will ONLY change if the button is pushed, and is syncronised with the lights at Shuter. As someone who used to work in the Eaton Centre and had to use that crossing to get to and from work, I would see the silliness that would often cause problems. 90% of the time, a group of people would gather to cross, with everyone assuming that someone else had already pushed the button (easy enough to tell, they're some of the ones that light up once the button is pushed). If the button is pushed after the crosswalks at Shuter have already started to flash, you have to wait until the lights at Shuter turned red, back to green, and then back to red again before the crosswalk changes. It generally works fine, as long as people push the bloody button, which they often don't.

I think that all it would take to fix that light would be that between 8:30am and 10pm it should automatically change with the light cycle without any button pushing required.

Back