News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 387     0 

Who would you like to see win the 2016 US election?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love what Trump is doing. The USA needs someone to come in and fuck things up, and Trump is that person. He may be fascist, but I think that is exactly what the USA needs right now, a good dose of fascism, to wrestle control away of nation away from the corporations and their $22 million mouthpiece, Hillary Clinton. Unlike corrupt Hillary Clinton, a President Donald Trump would be a real leader, not yet another puppet for the country's true masters. People talk about racism, but the USA today is divided more by class than race - the struggle between the interests of the wealthy elites vs those of the poor. Thus, Hillary Clinton as president is the one who would divide America further, not Donald Trump. So fuck Hillary Clinton. Go Trump!

If Trump somehow won, which is unlikely, Congress wouldn't be obligated to work with him, especially if/when the Dems take back the Senate. There is speculation that the House could also flip because he is so disliked.

Has anyone seen the movie Zombie Strippers? In it, Dubya is in his fourth term and at war with half the world. That would be America under Trump.

You know it's not good when even the biggest conservative talk radio host compares you to a malignant tumour...

"It's like ignoring stage-four cancer. You can't do it, you gotta go attack it."
  • Conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt, on Donald Trump as the GOP nominee

I love what Trump is doing. The USA needs someone to come in and fuck things up, and Trump is that person. He may be fascist, but I think that is exactly what the USA needs right now, a good dose of fascism, to wrestle control away of nation away from the corporations and their $22 million mouthpiece, Hillary Clinton. Unlike corrupt Hillary Clinton, a President Donald Trump would be a real leader, not yet another puppet for the country's true masters. People talk about racism, but the USA today is divided more by class than race - the struggle between the interests of the wealthy elites vs those of the poor. Thus, Hillary Clinton as president is the one who would divide America further, not Donald Trump. So fuck Hillary Clinton. Go Trump!

Well, if you want to accept the inevitability of your being consumed by world nuclear armageddon, so be it.

I find it confusing that racism is the word for the latest controversy. It's an orange guy attacking what appears to be in the one picture I've seen to be a pink guy (maybe it's the lack of hair that makes him look so fair). When did Mexico become home to a race? Aren't there people of European heritage in Mexico, along with a larger number of people of various shades of European and pre-colonial heritage? I wouldn't consider any of the people I've known who have origins in Central or South America to be visible minorities or 'people of colour', anymore than I would think people Italian or Portuguese heritage to be visible minorities. Are Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz people of a different race than Donald Trump and Jeb Bush? There's this often cited demographic prediction that so many years from now white people will be a minority in the US. It seems to be dependent on growth mostly in the Latino or Hispanic population, on the idea that those people represent a uniform group distinct (beyond language) from the now majority population. Is that how Mexican is becoming a race?

But it's the word everyone is using, so maybe I'm missing something. Maybe everyone is just shocked at where he's went, and racism is such a stronger word than prejudice or bigotry.

The concerning aspect for me is that Trump appears to have a image of a true default American, and everyone else could be suspect. Linking him to Hitler and facism might be over the top, but raising suspicions towards others because of their background is the kind of thinking that led to the Japanese internment and McCarthyism. His fallback default American - if that's what he's operating on here - has a vibe of white nationalism, which would be racism. (Trump's most clearly racist act was his attack on Obama about his birthplace.) But I'm not certain that being white and male and American born is enough to make someone Donald Trump's true American. because for Donald Trump the only true default American is Donald Trump, and he will find the basest crudest way to bully anyone who questions him.

#DeleteYourAccount is trending on Twitter.

Screen shot 2016-06-09 at 5.43.06 PM.png

Screen shot 2016-06-09 at 5.42.13 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-06-09 at 5.42.13 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-06-09 at 5.42.13 PM.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 375
  • Screen shot 2016-06-09 at 5.43.06 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-06-09 at 5.43.06 PM.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 376
One of Trump's biggest defenders and one of the first of the alt-right to climb on board the Trump train speaking earlier today...

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/david-duke-trump-judge-224121

The white supremacist radio host dropped the names of Fox News' Chris Wallace, along with Jake Tapper and Wolf Blitzer on CNN, who Duke said he had "exposed ... as a Jewish agent." Jeff Zucker, the current president of CNN Worldwide, is "another Jewish extremist," he remarked.

Duke said Jews act “like a pack of wild dogs" when they go after someone they see as a threat to the Jewish agenda; neocons see Trump as a threat because he is a "non-interventionist"; and Trump's national security advisers are "almost all non-Jews."

Last edited:
If he wins, and that's doubtful, Trump may be the first US President in my lifetime that both irreligious and not a zionist. That's a real sea change for American politics, where both the evangelicals and the Israel-lobby have dominated US politics.

I lately remember someone who gasped at how David Duke actually has a radio show: my response to him was that in our anything-goes post-AM-FM era, what's so surprising? The Web's a different sphere.

But it did leave me thinking about this really scary point: that in our era when the Cold War-style mass-media monoculture has fragmented into the cyber-haze--nobody reads newspapers anymore; nobody reads newsweeklies anymore; nobody abides by the Big 3 networks anymore; etc etc--it's much harder to efficiently "mediate away" David Duke as a marginal fringe nutcase. There are no margins remaining. Thus, those who behold his show are at mercy to the elements; because there's no longer anyone in authority (at least, nobody they can trust) who can convey the message that something's *wrong* here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back