News   Jul 22, 2024
 42     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 238     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 995     0 

Who will win in Scarborough Centre? (Miketoronto)

From speaking to my parents - the support seems to be largest behind DeBeaeremaeker

They are so lucky I did not run a huge campaign like them. Or I would be winning.

The only reason Glen is winning, is because he has pumped out $30,000 on signs, etc.

He has totally no ideas to better this area. And that is what is bugging me. Someone else can win instead of me. But why must it be people with no vision.

And well Virgina. Well she is only running because she knows Brad Duguid. Another one who is not saying what she will do for the area.

Of course Glen is only running in this ward, because he can't win in his own ward, of Scarborough Southwest. Something to do with corruption down there, that he was involved with. Don't know if it is true. But he would not comment on it at the community meeting. So it probably is.

That's how elections are won. Ideas, and the money to promote them. There's nothing wrong with that. You can't expect other candidates not to campaign just because you chose not to.

It's a shame if this guy wins - Sounds like a NIMBY who will ensure every new condo has a massive park surrounding it so it looks pretty from the 401.

Virginia Jones will finish a distant second I think.

Yeah. 4 more years of no vision representation for Scarborough Centre.

Have you gotten any results on what percentage of people voted for you Mike? Good campaign in any case even though you lost, just remember that the money put forth towards advertising is worth it next time... and as soon the public finds out that Glenn doesn't produce results (if that's the case) is when you get the edge, and can make mention of it in your speeches then.

I got 395 votes. Not bad considering I only got 300-400 if that flyers out.

I knew I would not win this time. But the thing that is really bugging me, is that someone got in who has no vision.

If you heard his speech. He had nothing to say. Only that he knows the old city councillor. And that is what bugs me. Is yet again our area has voted someone in who is probably not going to do much.
Maybe he will prove me wrong. But I am not that impressed with him. And it has nothing to do with him running against me or anything.

But he only won, because he had the most signs out.
Simple as that.

Anyway the Globe did an article on the corruption charges going on with him right now.

Congratulations Mikeintoronto

Congratulations Michael on a hard fought campaign in Scarborugh Centre!

You may have lost the election, but you have made many new friends, gained experience, and built name recognition.

Well done!

Louroz

Mike, you are a great guy! This election got your name in the news and your foot in the door! Look for a great future!

Back