News   May 31, 2024
 927     6 
News   May 31, 2024
 3.2K     2 
News   May 31, 2024
 1K     0 

Who should be mayor of Toronto in 2014?

Who will you vote for mayor of Toronto in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm curious who the two are who voted for Doug. Seriously, at this point, by supporting either Ford, you're advertising your own idiocy. This isn't meant as an insult — it's simply true. If you've convinced yourself that Rob or Doug are the best thing we've got for Mayor, you're either extremely naïve for believing what he's been pitching (blatant lies) or a complete idiot for thinking that either one would be fit to be Mayor of Toronto.

This isn't an ideological choice anymore. It's about intelligence. Some of my friends and family have revealed themselves to be complete idiots since Ford took office.
MetroMan, you can click on the numbers and you can see who voted for whom.

MetroMan, you can click on the numbers and you can see who voted for whom.
YIPES! I find myself in the political sack with some most unexpected characters

I'm curious who the two are who voted for Doug. Seriously, at this point, by supporting either Ford, you're advertising your own idiocy. This isn't meant as an insult — it's simply true. If you've convinced yourself that Rob or Doug are the best thing we've got for Mayor, you're either extremely naïve for believing what he's been pitching (blatant lies) or a complete idiot for thinking that either one would be fit to be Mayor of Toronto.

This isn't an ideological choice anymore. It's about intelligence. Some of my friends and family have revealed themselves to be complete idiots since Ford took office.
The offenders are Automation Gallery, kweku, and Skorpyo.

I'd hope that these were meant as a joke. Skorpyo only has 2 posts - no idea who they are. Kweku has defended Rob Ford in the past, and made it clear they don't live in Toronto. They are clearly ignorant of what a vile human being Doug Ford is, and what racists the Fords are - given the slurs Rob has made about those of Kweku's racial background. I can only assume that Automation Gallery is pulling our leg.

I'd think that anyone who hates Toronto enough to vote for Ford should really find a place to live that makes them happier.

As much as I dislike Tory, at least a vote for Tory is a vote for someone who likes and wants to improve Toronto.

The offenders are Automation Gallery, kweku, and Skorpyo.

I'd hope that these were meant as a joke. Skorpyo only has 2 posts - no idea who they are. Kweku has defended Rob Ford in the past, and made it clear they don't live in Toronto. They are clearly ignorant of what a vile human being Doug Ford is, and what racists the Fords are - given the slurs Rob has made about those of Kweku's racial background. I can only assume that Automation Gallery is pulling our leg.

I'd think that anyone who hates Toronto enough to vote for Ford should really find a place to live that makes them happier.

As much as I dislike Tory, at least a vote for Tory is a vote for someone who likes and wants to improve Toronto.

AG has been a borderline troll for years. He holds back just enough not to get banned.

AG has been a borderline troll for years. He holds back just enough not to get banned.

Though he does seek to be a "constructive" contributor in P&C. But I suspect the Ford support is on behalf of pro-development/anti-obstructionist interests...

Say what you will about these people, but they represent what other politicians can learn from him. He is the McDonald's of politics: while terrible, he is accessible apeals to people's base needs without being a burger elitist.

But then there are folks like me, who only patronize McDonald's when they have free coffee weeks, and parlay that into McCafe Rewards free cards and what have you. IOW *I'm* trolling *McDonald's*, in effect...

I can see the old city of Etobicoke voting for Doug Ford, the old city of Toronto voting for Olivia Chow, and the old city of North York going to John Tory. The old cities of York may lean towards John Tory. East York may lean towards Chow. The old city of Scarborough could be battleground between Ford, Chow, and Tory.

That's my feelings.

I can see the old city of Etobicoke voting for Doug Ford, the old city of Toronto voting for Olivia Chow, and the old city of North York going to John Tory. The old cities of York may lean towards John Tory. East York may lean towards Chow. The old city of Scarborough could be battleground between Ford, Chow, and Tory.

That's my feelings.

I wouldn't be surprised if the old city has quite a lot of Tory support, especially north of Bloor (the areas from Yonge-Lawrence down to Rosedale: Forest Hill, Leaside, Yonge & Eg, Yonge & St Clair etc).

Edit: whoops I forgot: Leaside wasn't part of Old Toronto, it was East York. My mistake.

Last edited:
I concur on north of Bloor being Tory territory. Southcore as well it looks like, all those late 20s and 30s suburban adults who moved to Southcore are likely to lean Tory. The polls reflect that anyway.

Chow is polling abysmally low in Scarborough, well in East York and mediocre in Etobicoke and North York. The outer suburbs are pretty much between Ford and Tory.

David Socknacki.

Ok, maybe not. But I do believe in sensible, affordable transit and I STILL think Transit City was brilliant. Designed by experts and completely implementable...until the Fords came along and ruined everything.

So either Olivia or Ari. Olivia has been an enormous disappointment. Ari has been a glib but refreshing dose of reality.

David Socknacki.

Ok, maybe not. But I do believe in sensible, affordable transit and I STILL think Transit City was brilliant. Designed by experts and completely implementable...until the Fords came along and ruined everything.

So either Olivia or Ari. Olivia has been an enormous disappointment. Ari has been a glib but refreshing dose of reality.

If the choice was between Socknacki and Ari, who would you choose?

I concur on north of Bloor being Tory territory. Southcore as well it looks like, all those late 20s and 30s suburban adults who moved to Southcore are likely to lean Tory. The polls reflect that anyway.

Chow is polling abysmally low in Scarborough, well in East York and mediocre in Etobicoke and North York. The outer suburbs are pretty much between Ford and Tory.

Thanks to urban gentrification and the condo boom, it's not just ex-suburban young adults who are supporting Tory; it is a pretty widespread shift away from NDP/Chow/traditional left-wing "progressive" politics that you also saw in the last provincial election, benefiting the Liberals in that case. As we all know, downtown is booming and those who have private sector (non-unionized) jobs and own property don't find much in Chow's platform that resonates with them.

Back