News   Jul 19, 2024
 228     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 460     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.4K     2 

Where would you live?

The Annex used to be much quieter, according to those I know who lived there.

Same goes for that Ossington Dundas strip (or at least so I hear from the newspapers).

True dat. But Toronto changes so rapidly, people can't really expect their neighborhoods to remain the same forever. God knows how many people lament that the original Queen West isn't as cool etc. as it once was, or how the Beach has homeless people now or Scarborugh is too this or that...

I think it's a good thing nothing remains too static in Toronto for too long.

And it's the one thing I really hate about the Star. They latch onto these causes and get people whipped up into a frenzy and next thing you know, there's graduated licensing, police checks and shakedowns, an end to warehouse parties and then no liquor on Sundays because they've done some study that suggest Sunday drinkers are the most violent!

Last edited:
Hoggs Hollow!

If money was not an issue:
The Beaches ( area east of Fallingbrook south of Kingston Rd)
Old Oakville ( south of Lakeshore Rd)
Casa Loma (sp?) area ( Spadina Rd; N of Dupont but S of St Clair Ave)
Cabbagetown ( end of Carlton St )
A stretch of Lakeshore Rd ( S side) just west of the Polish Embassy

And if money is an issue?

( is your title hereditory, your Lordship, or an honourary ennoblement? )

Your avatar resembles someone I use to work for back in the early 80's....none of the above. It just is ;).

Oh replying to your original question...the OP did specify if money & commuting to work was not a limitation. In real world terms of affordable mortgages and work commutes then:
a) Markland Woods
b) Garnetwood Chase ( just on the Etobicoke/Mississauga border )
c) Bloor West Village

1) The Beaches - particularly the large manor homes located on Willow, Beech and Silver Birch, closer to Kingston Road where you have a high-range shot of the lake looking down the street.

2) Playter Estates - surprised no one has mentioned this pocket just north of the Danforth. Beautiful treed lined streets, proximity to amazing pubs and restaurants, and a quick jaunt to downtown.

3) Annex - no explanation needed.

Back