News   May 17, 2024
 2.2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 9.9K     10 

Where do you go for Toronto real estate info?

alafleur

Member Bio
Reaction score
Just wondering where UrbanToronto users go for their Toronto real estate info online? What are your favourite sites/blogs/forums you regularly visit (Besides UT)?

Share your favs below.

The obvious ones:

-Globe and Mail real estate/Report on Business Real Estate
-The Star real estate - yourhome.ca
-Google Alerts for "Toronto Real Estate"

Any hidden gems out there?

9 properties sold conditional today and 18 sold firm

in the E01, E02, E03, C11, C09, C08, C13 areas

forgot one....

www.urbandigs.com

Noah is from NYC (he's a broker with a large following as he is realistic)... NYC thought it was immune to global macro economic forces... not so much anymore. Toronto is about 6-8 months behind NYC, read Noah to get a feel for what will be happening soon in Toronto.

www.urbandigs.com

Noah is from NYC (he's a broker with a large following as he is realistic)... NYC thought it was immune to global macro economic forces... not so much anymore. Toronto is about 6-8 months behind NYC, read Noah to get a feel for what will be happening soon in Toronto.

While I agree that this is a great website and very useful, I would hesitate to compare New York to Toronto - in any way. It's apples and oranges. New York has been particularly hit hard by the financial meltdown and while Toronto isn't immune by any stretch, our financial system has held up well and we won't see anywhere near the bloodletting and job loss on Bay Street as we've seen on Wall Street. Plus, the run-up in prices in Toronto were nowhere near the same as New York, and in fact, weren't and still aren't out of line with affordability. In fact, Toronto in January was below it's own affordability index (meaning that prices could rise and we would still be considered affordable considering the median wage in TO - not that I think this will happen anytime soon).

I agree that movesmartly.ca is a good website that pulls a lot of info (much of it of differing opinions) together.

Back