News   Jul 25, 2024
 212     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 310     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 403     0 

Where do you find houses outside of MLS?

Skibadee

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looking for a place in Toronto, where can someone find houses outside of MLS

Where are all the distress sales, private sales , bank sales etc?

Looking for a place in Toronto, where can someone find houses outside of MLS

Where are all the distress sales, private sales , bank sales etc?

Great question. Looking forward to hearing answers on distress sales and bank-sales..

If looking for new-sales, check out BuzzBuzzHome (Toronto search)! Search by neighbourhood, City, or development name.

I believe that the increasing sophistication of searches and online resources is good for the average home buyer. The power of the internet is also good for getting an overall sense of market conditions and zeroing in on what you want.

That said here is the irony, for me I find that the more these tools are used the less effective they are at generating outcomes. As information becomes prevasive the power of personal networking, private deals and good old fashion cruising the streets becomes more and more powerful. You've got tens of thousands of people searching the internet at work and using this as their primary means of search. They are competing against each other pumping up the value of the product made easily available to them. Meanwhile, back on the street the best deals and choice property often don't even get to the databases. In essence, you need to know that if you are looking on-line you are at the end of the line.

I'm not an agent or sales person but I've come to appreciate that real estate is primarily about human feelings and understanding human behaviour. It is particularly important to understand the human life-cycle and what motivates people at various stages of their lives.

Internet Overload

I believe that the increasing sophistication of searches and online resources is good for the average home buyer.

I'm not an agent or sales person but I've come to appreciate that real estate is primarily about human feelings and understanding human behaviour. It is particularly important to understand the human life-cycle and what motivates people at various stages of their lives.

That is one of the most profound things I have read recently. Real estate is not about the bricks and sticks, its about structuring your finances, helping you through the emotional selections and priorities and yes, picking a house.

So many buyers that contact me think they "know" it all because they read it somewhere online.

Yet especially, online facts, need to be checked and re evaluated.

Back