News   May 01, 2024
 454     0 

Where do you bank?

Which bank do you use most often?

• Bank of Montreal (BMO)

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank)

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Toronto Dominion (TD)

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • other Canadian bank

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • other foreign bank

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
I'm with RBC and I think I always will be. If I were to choose a bank fresh though, I'd go with TD.

Interesting about TD now far in the lead. They do seem to be the most active in new branches downtown.

TD has a really good presence in Ontario. Pretty much an ATM on every street corner. Out west though they aren't as good. Given UT's Toronto centric audience, I would expect TD to win out.

TD, PC and ING

I'm with National Bank, which when I lived in Welland was perfect for me, but they (and their associated ATMs) are virtually non-existent in Toronto, so I will probably move over to TD once I'm finished school.

My family was always Royal Bank growing up, but when I bought my first house the mortgage was arranged through TD and I have been with them ever since. I have still held credit cards and had dealings with a few of the other banks at various points and have found that TD is the easiest to deal with. And who doesnt love the TD commercials with the two old guys complaining about how easy modern banking is ?

I was with CIBC but switched to TD now.

The local CIBC branch was open only during the times I'm at work, while the TD branch is open much later into the evenings.

I don't know if I'm the only one with that problem, but it is weird how the bank service hours are exactly the times I can't go.

Back