News   Sep 04, 2024
 16     0 
News   Sep 03, 2024
 703     2 
News   Sep 03, 2024
 1K     1 

What Toronto can learn from the Olympics

Really, I thought it was a tremendous performance ??? Cohen's family said Leonard Cohen turned down the chance to sing at the opening, and instead he was the one who recommended that K.D. Lang perform - http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5inwbfGaOV3n8X_k2au_koevaBV-A

... oh wait ... this is all supposed to be humourous?

Her performance was just too over the top for my liking. Hallelujah is a love song not a diva blaster. People really need to stop covering that song. Jeff Buckley is the reason it's the most covered song of all time. He did it the best and everyone will always pale in comparison.

Jeff Buckley

I called it last week. I knew it was only a matter of time before you started talking about him again.

2s7ckea.jpg

People really need to stop covering that song.
I can't recall hearing it for years ... not sure I've heard a version other than Cohen's. Perhaps you need to start hanging around different bars!

Most covered song of all time? I don't think so ... not by a long shot!

Perhaps what we should learn is to ban the British media from the city ... the yellow journalism in that country is a disgrace!

How do you think the Chinese feel about the way that our media presented the Beijing Olympics. What goes around comes around. I'm sure we'll show them Brits the same mercy during London 2012.

Ain't about humanity, rather current quarter revenue.

And the reason for all the native themes in the Olmypic openings is because the plot of land that the BC Place, or rather the entirety of Vancouver, were more or less annexed from the natives. Guess it's a way of preventing the aboriginals from blockadeing the Olympic stadium like they do over here the 401.

Back