1.2K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 555     0 

what is your favorite toronto nightcub?

D

dan e 1980

post the name your favorite Toronto nightclub, the styles of music played there and the atmosphere.

add a little info on why you like it so much.

personally, i think the club life in Toronto is the best in north America. i haven't been to every major city in N.A but my buddies on the other hand travel more than i and say that Toronto can't be beat.

The Landing Strip. A nice little estblishment out by Pearson In't airport. Full of business types- asians, americans esp. The waitresses are especially pleasant. What do you need..?

:tup:

For a gayish night out: Peroxide in Kensignton Market, Vazaleen at Lee's Palace or Miss Monneypenney's at Mod Club Theatre

For some decent dance music: Una Mas, Roxy Blu, NASA, System Soundbar, Element

For some decent rockin' n' rollin': Blow Up @ Lee's Palace, Hot Timez @ The El Mo, UKULA @ Andy Poolhall's, various events at The Stones Bar (in Parkdale)

"For a gayish night out..."

What exactly does "gayish" mean? ;)

Maybe it means you get to talk the talk without actually having to walk the walk?

Maybe it means you get to talk the talk without actually having to walk the walk?
Not quite, although I've seen some of that. ;)

Like most downtown T.O. clubs, the clientele is pretty mixed sexually and I therefore sometimes feel uncomfortable calling a club night "gay" per se.

Man ..i went to Courthouse this weekend.....

blah blah blah....

hooked up with some girls the second I walked into the club but , nothing was happening. so they left. they were both hot but im guessing they were like 40 years old...( damm sexy though..Indian / or Guyanese big 1980's hair gave away thier ages though.)

Thaat place is packed with geriatric rich people ...they make me feel like im 12 years old. Well i dont know if they are rich but if puts off that appearance I guess cause everyone there is so damn old. And I thought I was old.

I think the average age at that club is 45 years old. and thats being nice.

I need to find a new place. I used to go to the Bohemian but it seems to have closed down.

Can anyone suggest a bar with lots of seating, dancing, and without the attitude?

I went to the Shallow Grove on College on Saturday. Loads of women and the music was not 100% shit. (Unlike Fridays- shit music, no women.)

Well i always like a little house but the girls always love that top 40 crap so maybe somewhere which mixes the 2.

Looking for a smaller place as well. I've been to shallow groove but last time i was there, it was so smokey i couldnt see anything

Well i always like a little house but the girls always love that top 40 crap so maybe somewhere which mixes the 2.

in that case, you might want to try a club like MINK which is a "meat factory" IMO. the girls are hot and the music is split between house and hip hop / top 40. the age of this club is mixed but is mostly made up of people in their mid 20's.

you can also try a club like PEARL LOUNGE which is like mink but has more people in their early 20's. more thugs here though.

BUDO is also a nice setup with a Buddhist decor. very hot girls,
house and top 40. more mature atmosphere.

now, the best for last, FILM LOUNGE. film lounge is IMO one of the best club atmospheres in toronto. the club its self is hidden (a la new york style). the bouncers have very boring jobs here because there are no thugs. the music is all house based. no top 40. the clients are mature mid 20's and up. if you are 40 years old you can still feel comfortable in this club. everyone is so nice. you have a better chance of wining 30 million dollars on super seven than seeing a fight here.
the girls are very extremely hot.

the club doesn't really hit capacity till 2:30am - 3:00am. don't go there and expect to have a good time at 12:00am. the dj's are live and are spinning real vinyl. you will hear the latest house music here.

the club has an intimate lounge area, a big dance floor and a vip section. even though the club is based on house music, there is a dress code in effect. they don't wanna be labeled as a rave club and get all the negative discrimination that comes along with that title.

the club is safe, fun and full of energy which continues till 7:00am.

Back