News   May 10, 2024
 809     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 978     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 961     0 

What if Toronto was forced to build subways?

LAz

Member Bio
Reaction score
No, it's not happening. But, I put this question out there...

Suppose that somehow we had to expand Metro's in Toronto. Suppose we could no longer expand buses or trams. Suppose there was some sort of decree by the government, the US and the world that we can only build metros.

Where would you guys build what? Lets just say that this was so for 10-15 years. In that time where would you guys build what?

I am framing this question in part to see what proponents of TC think - perhaps we are on the same page, perhaps not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am saying hypothetically, if we had to expand the metro system, how would you guys do it?

is regional rail also banned?

Yep.
Bike lanes too.

i will bite. I would say finish Sheppard as originally planned, build Eglinton lrt as subway and build the drl from don mills and sheppard to jane and eglinton via downtown. Oh and for goodness sake build the bd line to scc already.

i will bite. I would say finish Sheppard as originally planned, build Eglinton lrt as subway and build the drl from don mills and sheppard to jane and eglinton via downtown.
Please stay on topic - this is a thread about grocery store expansion!

I want to see Sheppard West built, as a priority. Am I the only one?

I would add the fantasy proposal in addition to the past plans for TTC subway...

Existing expansion: YUS to VCC and RHC +

Sheppard (Downsview to STC); Expand B/D east to STC; Eglinton West; DRL - Phase 1.
Two leftover proposals (as lead mentioned); Finch West from Humber College to York University and Queen Line from Roncesvalles to Neville Park - Phase 2.
Don Mills to Steeles at Woodbine; Jane to Steeles, meeting YUS; Eglinton to Kennedy; Sheppard to Weston Road - Phase 3.
B/D expansion south to Long Branch; Queen line from Roncesvalles to Long Branch; Finch from Yonge to Malvern; Sheppard from Weston to Royal York, meeting B/D - Phase 4.
Finch line westward to Airport; Queen-Victoria Park from Neville Park to Woodbine meeting Don Mills line; Eglinton from Kennedy to Morningside Mall; B/D from Scarborough to Malvern TC - Phase 5.
Branch of Queen-Victoria Park line through Queensway to Sherway Gardens; Finch East from Malvern to Morningside mall, meeting Eglinton Line; YUS complete loop by linking Spadina and Yonge extensions; and Victoria Park expand to Unionville. - Last Phase.

Estimate completed date (at best, according to TTC): 2195.

Last edited:
I would build a subway connecting Centreville, Ontario Place, the CNE, and Canada's Wonderland. It would operate express between the CNE and Wonderland. A possible future extension would link to Playdium and Dave and Barry's.

There would be Subway sandwich shops at every station except Wonderland.

I want to see Sheppard West built, as a priority. Am I the only one?

+1

It's high time the residents of Sheppard West got a Metro. All they have is that Price Chopper at the Jane Sheppard Plaza.

A possible future extension would link to Playdium and Dave and Barry's.

Yo! Get with the program! It's Dave and Buster's!

I would build a subway connecting Centreville, Ontario Place, the CNE, and Canada's Wonderland. It would operate express between the CNE and Wonderland. A possible future extension would link to Playdium and Dave and Barry's.

There would be Subway sandwich shops at every station except Wonderland.

No subway at the Zoo?

Back