1.5K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 4K     5 

We can all be Cassiusa! this just in...

T

thx1038

sketchup.google.com/

Dream. Design. Communicate.

SketchUp is a simple but powerful tool for quickly and easily creating, viewing and modifying your 3D ideas.

* * * * * * * * Click on a shape and push or pull it to create your desired 3D geometry.
* * * * Experiment with color and texture directly on your model.
* * * * Real-time shadow casting lets you see exactly where the sun falls as you model.
* * * * Select from thousands of pre-drawn components to save time drawing.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Now any cheap hack has a chance, including you Whistler! :) j/k of course.

I've already downloaded SketchUp and tried out the tutorial, and no doubt this will be a timesaver for doing 3D computer models. I'm just waiting for a good chance or project to use it on.

Even though Cassius appears to have lost the monopoly with 3D models, I bet his renderings beat anything we amateurs can come up with in SketchUp!

The only hack is the person who posted before wyliepoon ^^^. Anyway that program looks great if you want to see how a home improvement will look before you start. Very Sims city-ish.

Kind of just joking Cass ;)

"Even though Cassius appears to have lost the monopoly with 3D models, I bet his renderings beat anything we amateurs can come up with in SketchUp!"

True Dat!

I wonder if Stinson will start become a hands on architect.

Even though Cassius appears to have lost the monopoly with 3D models, I bet his renderings beat anything we amateurs can come up with in SketchUp!
amateurs = WhistlerinToronto

For anyone that's wonder what's going on here, Whistler and I are currently battling it out over modeling/rendering RoCP3 even though it's supposed to be changed before going to the City. It's necessary to edge each other on to stay motivated. :p

We're about a week in and mine is kicking Whistler's ass. Just had to mention that. ;)

Hope you guys like St. James Town, because Cassius looks like it could fit right in there. Also, I don't need any (egging on) what is this edging on you speak of? Also green, please we're all sick of that Cass.

Edging would be when I put you at the edge of your tower - and push you off ;) I figure the threat of that is the only way you'll ever actually finish a model. Even still, who knows, I might just win by default.

Sorry cASSius this was the only image I could locate for you to use as a texture on your cube tower thingy.
stjamessunset.jpg

Awesome. The sky is more orange than The Beer Store sign. Impossible! And that's Casshole to you sir!

Orange is the complementary colour to green so you should be happy with that sky. Is your cladding doctors office green, or mint green, I can't remember.

No wonder yours is looking so poor next to mine. You're clearly colour blind. Green??? My windows are blue.

^ Wow, you guys are like the AP and Babel of 3D modeling.

Back