Waterview Tower (Chicago)

SolarWind

Member Bio
Reaction score
1,047' official/1,035' roof/89 floors

emporiswaterview4yr.jpg

3941833hc.jpg

waterviewnightviewlowerres3cg.jpg

I've always found this proposal to be very sexy. It'll be interesting to see if the execution comes anywhere close to the renderings of the building. I'd love to have this in TO.

At that height and aspect ratio, almost any building can be a svelte beauty. Architecturally speaking not much is going on here, but it's so anorexic and tall that the result couldn't be anything other than superb.

It's going to be the home of the Shangri-La Hotel in Chicago.

Chicago is building up a nice collection of great Hong Kong hotel chains. The Peninsula came first with a magnificent "armchair" tower on the Magnificent Mile, and the Mandarin Oriental will follow up the Shangri-La with another great tower.

Mandarin Oriental Chicago

Toronto should do anything to get the Peninsula. It's the grand-daddy of the Hong Kong chains, and from what I saw with the Peninsula in Chicago, they spare no expenses on developments even outside of Hong Kong.

Thanks for the update. Looking foward to see this one go up especially since you have such a great vantage point.

Ditto. Many thanks for the pictures. It will be interesting to see this rise and compare it to Toronto towers.

It's hard to believe that they are going to build such a tall building on what was once a tiny parking lot. I can't wait to sip tea at the Shangri-La hotel that will occupy this building.

Back