News   May 28, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 502     0 

Visualization Study

Jarrek

Member Bio
Reaction score
Thought this might be interesting for some of you ...

Dear XXXXX,

I am a graduate student in the School of Planning at the University of Waterloo conducting research on the use of Virtual Environments (i.e. computer generated landscapes) in urban planning.

As you may know, images of computer generated landscapes are currently a popular tool for communicating land-use changes between municipalities and the public. However, the affect of their use on decision making is a question that has yet to be answered. I am currently investigating this question as part of my thesis and was wondering if any members of your organization might be willing to complete a short (~10 min) online survey focused on computer generated landscapes used in planning.

The online survey can be accessed at the following site:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=SW41GkIKZSfQU8sKMmjieQ_3d_3d

Completion of the online survey would involve answering a small set of background questions and providing a visual preference rating for 36 computer generated landscape images. Participation in the survey takes about 10 minutes and can be carried out on any computer at any time.
An additional letter has been attached to this e-mail if more information is required to make a decision.

If after receiving this e-mail there are any questions about this study please feel free to contact me (Mark Groulx) using the contact information provided below.

Thank you in advance for your interest in this project

Regards,

Mark Groulx
HBSc, MA (Candidate)
School of Planning
University of Waterloo
mgroulx@uwaterloo.ca
1-519-591-2923

Back