News   Jul 22, 2024
 380     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 573     0 

Victoria Day Weekend

FutureMayor: Since coming out to your family and on these forums you haven't looked back, have you? Congratulations!

Anyone else care to contribute? We're a pretty varied bunch so far ...

Most of it was spent trying to finish various work projects, but on Sunday I went for drive with a friend East, and we ended up in downtown Oshawa. It took us a while to find it. We went to the Oshawa mall too, cuz i figured it was home to the only starbucks for hundreds of miles. Downtown Oshawa was a ghost town and paranoia-inducing.

Then we drove back, and thought we would eat suburban, so went to a Boston Pizza, which was so, so so, sososos bad. I like those kind of places sometimes, they remind me of youth-in-windsor, but this place was bad. Whitby Boston Pizza, end of the world. Death.

Then we drove back to civilization.

---

Nights. Friday night Kubu Radio in Leslieville. It was a 2nd chance for Kubu, and they failed. Never again, Kubu. Maybe for a beer, but please stop serving food. The conversation was nice, though, and the rain was over by the time we left.

Saturday went to some place called "The Hub" off Bathurst and Queen where a troop of dancing girls were showing off their new debbie-allen-ish hop-skotch moves that they will mount in a public space at some point. the bar was a wooden table, a bottle of vodka and a jug of cranberry juice. then we rode on to the Stones Place in parkdale for a night called "New Nails".

Sunday, after car driving, watched PVR'd West Wings, and lamented the end of that series. Poor west wing. So smart.

"Sunday, after car driving, watched PVR'd West Wings, and lamented the end of that series. Poor west wing. So smart."

I've been in the most miserable mood since I watched the last episode. If I hadn't have been spoiled by TWoP, I think I'd still be inconsolable. And I watched it immediately after watching the entire Godfather trilogy for the first time, so the combination of Michael's scream on the opera house steps and that damned napkin just killed me. Yeah, that took up one whole day of the weekend.

On Saturday I was working in Oshawa. Immediately after I drove solo to Montreal. Several hours later (and I'm convinced I may have broken a land-speed record or two) I arrive at my g/f's parents' place. They drive me to the g/f's best-friend's place (in Westmount) as she's celebrating her birthday.

A few hours there with a bunch of drunks, followed by a parade of cabs to some club where the g/f and I only stay for an hour before headin' home. We got in for free so there was no desire to get our money's worth.

Sunday: Saw some relatives of her's, we checked out the new central library in Montreal. Mostly relaxing.

Monday: BBQ, and in the evening watched an episode of Fawlty Towers and played Cranium.

Very Early Tuesday: Drove back to TO, got a speeding ticket (thank goodness I got caught on the way back instead of the way there... I'm frightened to think how bad it would have been was the situation reversed), and arrived back safe and sound.

You got a speeding ticket? Was it OPP or Sûreté du Québec? I've never seen OPP on the 400-series highways, except the 400 when Cam Wooley does his roadside stand-up comedy routine ("I pulled over one driver who had is zipper down, five empty bottles of beer, and one full one, but it wasn't beer, I'll tell you that. His alcohol level was higher than a kite. yuk, yuk").

I know of someone who was caught speeding going eastbound from Cornwall. He decided to let the OPP chase him to the Quebec border, believe it or not, and got away scot-free.

My Victoria Day weekend was dull in comparison. Got to know two car lines though.

It was OPP.

The whole way there didn't see a single cop car (in Ontario, I had one flash his lights at me in Quebec), but on the way back there were at least three or four waiting to pounce.

Here are the L. Ron Hubbard clones protesting the APA Conference.

DSC02993.jpg

Here are the L. Ron Hubbard clones protesting the APA Conference.

...and I thought you were kidding.

My birthday falls on VD weekend so I parked myself in bed under a blanket for this year's unwelcome milestone.

I'd love to see a Scientologist rally marching west on Yorkville, and through the big arch--and then they all take turns jumping up and down on the granite couch.

"The Tomb Of The Unknown Scientologist", I think I'll call it...

Back