News   Aug 21, 2024
 617     0 
News   Aug 21, 2024
 525     1 
News   Aug 21, 2024
 369     0 

VIA Rail

Yea, if there's a strike there should be no service interruptions and no excuses to be late short of u foreseen circumstances. Good litmus test on what the actual speeds of the trains can be
Then let there be a strike.... Seriously though,I hope it doesn't happen. Here is hoping the 2 sides can sort it out.

are they on track to fully phase out the LRCs by next spring?
Seems so, although they are also reducing HEP sets - it seems the last trainset to come into service replaced a HEP. They don’t seem to be in any rush to operate Venture in J trains - I wonder if we will only see that happen when both trains are Vs not one V one L/H

Screenshot_2024-08-20_102059.jpg

The concerns are clearly expressed in the linked document. The VIA station is becoming an intermodal hub but both the LRT station and the proposed development, in VIA's opinion, get in the way of its doing so. Whether or not this is true I won't judge, but there doesn't seem to be any sort of master planning to determine what the station's role should be and what should be protected.

The concerns are clearly expressed in the linked document. The VIA station is becoming an intermodal hub but both the LRT station and the proposed development, in VIA's opinion, get in the way of its doing so. Whether or not this is true I won't judge, but there doesn't seem to be any sort of master planning to determine what the station's role should be and what should be protected.
What else would you expect in a city where the LRT station built to serve the rail station is called „Tremblay“. VIA has always been an afterthought…

What else would you expect in a city where the LRT station built to serve the rail station is called „Tremblay“. VIA has always been an afterthought…
so in other words... city planners planned this station to be a suburban density and had no forethought for expansion or gasp... high rise density.

what are their concerns? shouldnt they be happy to get more potential ridership?? or are they concerned their beautiful new station facade will get blocked by a condo?
They just aren't used to having a station thats not in the middle of nowhere completely outside the city. Its spooky to be around people!

Back