News   Aug 01, 2024
 141     0 
News   Aug 01, 2024
 393     0 
News   Aug 01, 2024
 439     1 

VIA Rail

How could it be manipulated in such a way that it would be bad for consumers? Faster trans?Lower fares? No baggage fees? Good food? Easy booking website?

Seriously, what could HFR do that would be bad for consumers and bad for other airlines?

It is time rail travel competes with air travel. Along the Corridor, they can.
if anything the potential kickbacks to AC as the partner will for sure rile up WJ and they will sue this as anti competition. optically this just screams conflict of interest no matter how clean they claim themselves to be.

if anything the potential kickbacks to AC as the partner will for sure rile up WJ and they will sue this as anti competition. optically this just screams conflict of interest no matter how clean they claim themselves to be.
I‘m really puzzled as to how anyone at Cadence thought that bringing AC on board was a good way to promote their bid. The timing of disclosing this alliance (i.e., after the bids have been submitted) surely suggests that they themselves know that this looks rather fishy…

I can see how you mean. Maybe WJ should have gone in with another consortium. Part of me hates when big conglomerates happen. In this instance, since we have no competition with any other rail carrier in Canada, I am not so upset.

The question will be whether their bid is even that attractive. It may not and all this fuss was for nothing.

Back