News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Value of 2nd bathroom

Haha, I have to admit it, I'm one of those young buyers who love the shiny stuff. I would like to think the trend will last longer than just a few years though.

Stephen Duong
www.mycapitalcorner.com

There you go then. :)

While I agree that it may not be the best use of space for yourself -- not to mention the extra investment in towels etc. -- a second bath (even if it is a 3-piece with just a shower) is a good investment if you don't see yourself staying there long or forever.

While you may have grown up in a situation with five people sharing one bath, remember that a lot of buyers for these teeny condos are young people coming in from the burbs where they had multiple baths. They've already accepted that they will live in a small space.

But, ultimately, I think what is the best investment is what works for you. If you will spend the next five years kicking yourself because you don't have room for a decent-sized desk (or whatever) then screw the bathroom.

Last edited:
As obvious as it sounds, the "value" all comes down to who is going to be living in that space (or who you are trying to sell it to if your decision is for resale value).

For a single person in a 1-bdrm, I really don't see any value in a 2nd bathroom at all.

For 1+1s, it depends on whether the den will be used as a bedroom for a 2nd individual. If so, the 2nd bathroom will be invaluable.

For 2-bdrms, I would almost always opt for 2 bathrooms.

Can anyone give an estimate of the value in terms of price of a 2nd bathroom in a condo -- either a guest bath or a full bath? Thanks

The second bathroom is a great variant for a condo. Nowadays people just cannot live with less than 2 full bathrooms. The price will vary; depend on the bath items you will choose. It would cost somewhere around $10k. But then you will be happy to enjoy it.

Back