News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 628     0 

Urban Toronto Mobile Site

MattR

Member Bio
Reaction score
The old version of Urban Toronto has a brilliant mobile site which I used from my BlackBerry all the time... The new version is now so big a bulky for mobile use its not even worth while because it takes so long... Are there any plans to implement a nice clean mobile version again?

Thanks
Matt

BerryBlab app

BerryBlab is a new BlackBerry app that is a real must-have for those BlackBerry users, like me, who frequent web forums that are powered by vBulletin, such as our own Urban Toronto forums. Check out the press release. Rather than browsing the forums via the BlackBerry web browser on your device, you can now surf them via the BlackBerry app which provides a smooth user experience. It works on both touchscreen and non-touchscreen BlackBerry Smartphones, and provides all of the basic functionality you'd expect in a mobile forum viewing experience: you can view forums and subforums, post and reply to threads, view images, get PMs, etc. The app allows you to access multiple forums as well, so you can jump back and forth between all your favorite forums.
One key point to make note of here is that the forum administrator MUST install the BerryBlab plugin into their forums in order for the app to work with that site.
Check out the YouTube video here.

It is not working on my Nokia N95. My browser tries to load the full site, takes forever with all the graphics.

I much prefer using the mobile version on my phone, thanks for getting it back up.

Some issues/bugs
-'Forum' link goes to front page (index.php), should go to forum.php
-front page formatting doesn't seem to work
-previously images were hidden by default on the mobile version and you could click to show them (saves bandwidth, pages load faster). Doesn't seem to be on this version.
-issues with banner ad size affecting size of page (which affects scrolling)

4388812369_f4a7b89633.jpg

4389581638_24131aff94_o.jpg

Back