Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

Found some good photos online, posting them here in case they're removed. There a few more at http://lawrenceblack.net/UP1221/UP1221.html

dsc09404.jpg
lobby.jpg
lobby2-2.jpg
hallway.jpg
hallway2.jpg
door.jpg
kitchen.jpg
sink.jpg
stove.jpg
washer.jpg
dining.jpg
living.jpg
den-2.jpg
bed2.jpg
bath.jpg

Attachments

• sink.jpg
    sink.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 599
  • stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 570
  • kitchen.jpg
    kitchen.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 583
  • living.jpg
    living.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 598
  • door.jpg
    door.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 570
  • hallway2.jpg
    hallway2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 595
  • hallway.jpg
    hallway.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 588
  • lobby2-2.jpg
    lobby2-2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 572
  • lobby.jpg
    lobby.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 574
  • dsc09404.jpg
    dsc09404.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 555
  • bath.jpg
    bath.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 575
  • den-2.jpg
    den-2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 593
  • washer.jpg
    washer.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 576
  • bed2.jpg
    bed2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 587
  • dining.jpg
    dining.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 577
I can't believe how little has been said about this building's architecture. From the outside, it looks on par with the infamous BeBloor tower, which is often cited as the architectural lowpoint of the recent development boom. (Though perhaps the worse, if not the most well known is Star of Downtown.) Dupont and Lansdowne seems like the architectural garbage dump for the city, even though it has that decent midrise building on the southeast corner.

Ouch....thats pretty harsh!!
Sorry that you're so disappointed with the building... if you purchased in our building, sell your unit, make some cash, then pay double the price for something that would make you happier....pretty simple.
We visited the site this weekend....no surprises!! I dont understand what you thought you were getting. Everyone has options...good luck!

I can't believe how little has been said about this building's architecture. From the outside, it looks on par with the infamous BeBloor tower, which is often cited as the architectural lowpoint of the recent development boom. (Though perhaps the worse, if not the most well known is Star of Downtown.) Dupont and Lansdowne seems like the architectural garbage dump for the city, even though it has that decent midrise building on the southeast corner.

Totally agree,the ugly primer white exterior to the absolutely boring design makes it look like a Toronto City Home project.The front lobby design looks like it belongs to a office building than a condo.A great example of building with abit of style on budget is the projects at Regent Park and you dont have to pay "double" for those units.All the photos I seen looks like typical cookie cutter designs.

Totally agree,the ugly primer white exterior to the absolutely boring design makes it look like a Toronto City Home project.The front lobby design looks like it belongs to a office building than a condo.A great example of building with abit of style on budget is the projects at Regent Park and you dont have to pay "double" for those units.All the photos I seen looks like typical cookie cutter designs.

The building looks exactly like the model did. I dont understand....were you expecting it to look different?
This is the first time I have purchased a condo, maybe Im new to this so I dont understand.
I saw the model .. I purchased a unit... and it looks exactly as I thought it would .. should I be expecting it to look different than the model and advertisements ??
Im confused.....
diane

The building looks exactly like the model did. I dont understand....were you expecting it to look different?
This is the first time I have purchased a condo, maybe Im new to this so I dont understand.
I saw the model .. I purchased a unit... and it looks exactly as I thought it would .. should I be expecting it to look different than the model and advertisements ??
Im confused.....
diane

I agree with above. Looks very much like the renderings. Of course a little bit of paint can go a long way.

We have waited a long time for this project to complete.
My feeling is this... if you feel that it is an "architectural garbage dump" then sell it! But spare the rest of us you're negativity .... glass half full is always the better way to go.
Have a Great Day :)
Diane

Diane just offering our honest opinions,this is why this website if for.Its not about negativity but with the flux of building in this area from those terrible townhouses on Davenport to the truly terrible Foundry lofts and those rentals on Dupont and Landsdowne you expect the designers to have more creativity.

Diane just offering our honest opinions,this is why this website if for.Its not about negativity but with the flux of building in this area from those terrible townhouses on Davenport to the truly terrible Foundry lofts and those rentals on Dupont and Landsdowne you expect the designers to have more creativity.

I guess ... you have a right to express yourself...
I would prefer to look at the upside (no pun intended)and hope that I have gotten into a project that is "ahead of the curve" and that in 15-20years from now I will be kicking my butt for not purchasing two units because the area has become a "trendy" place to be !! lol
Thats "glass half full" ........... the only way to go for me.
Cheers

Sorry Diane this isnt King West or the beaches which has character to build around..

Last edited:
Sorry Diane this isnt King West or the beaches which has character to build around..

Maybe so.... and if Im not happy I can sell and likely make a few bucks.
We live in Woodbridge...a home that we bought 20+ years ago....there was nothing around us at the time....didnt seem that promising. Today our home has increased 6x our purchase price! Woohooooo We have a cottage on Georgian Bay bought it for a song.... 15 years later we could likely make $60,000.00 on it.... this venture was another fingers crossed deal. In 10 years Ill know if it was a mistake....lol

Our next venture another Axiom condos on Adelaide... your thoughts ??

Diane

And btw....my husbands Aunt bought on King W... the area was run down and dumpy ... 1029 King St W......she bought for $80,000.00. My son bought in the same building 2years ago $300,000.00

Last edited:

This project looks like... this? http://www.emporis.com/building/bebloorphase1-toronto-canada

Other than the lack of glass windows everywhere (granted, that looks good), I don't see how it looks like that building. Yes, this building does look quite white and not fancy-schmancy like the downtown core buildings, especially One Park Place which looks really nice from the renderings (though it was being launched around the same time I bought this one and it's not close to done so maybe those of us who bought here can always sell and buy there eventually). Is it on-par with the mainly glass windows buildings? No. Does it have a cool architectural feature like cladding on One Park Place? No. But I wouldn't call it a dump/hideous.

And as for the lobby looking like a front office lobby, you do realize that when these photos were taken, it was when only half or 3/4 of the occupants were in so this isn't to say that is final look and feel. They don't even have lockers and parking done, I really don't think they will use this time to make the lobby non-office lobby looking. Probably not on their priorities.

This project looks like... this? http://www.emporis.com/building/bebloorphase1-toronto-canada

Other than the lack of glass windows everywhere (granted, that looks good), I don't see how it looks like that building. Yes, this building does look quite white and not fancy-schmancy like the downtown core buildings, especially One Park Place which looks really nice from the renderings (though it was being launched around the same time I bought this one and it's not close to done so maybe those of us who bought here can always sell and buy there eventually). Is it on-par with the mainly glass windows buildings? No. Does it have a cool architectural feature like cladding on One Park Place? No. But I wouldn't call it a dump/hideous.

And as for the lobby looking like a front office lobby, you do realize that when these photos were taken, it was when only half or 3/4 of the occupants were in so this isn't to say that is final look and feel. They don't even have lockers and parking done, I really don't think they will use this time to make the lobby non-office lobby looking. Probably not on their priorities.

Thank you.... :)

I went for my PDI today and it was an exciting moment after years of waiting. As a former resident of King West] (not so full of character but mostly overpriced restaurants in reclaimed brick buildings) I was particularily drawn to the character of the Junction/Wallace Emerson area and that's why I chose to make it my future home. It has the bones to become something pretty special. It is especially encouraging that those choosing to move there are deeply passionate about its future. This forum is a testament to that. My preference is we keep it positive and if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all (or just move to the Beaches).

I went for my PDI today and it was an exciting moment after years of waiting. As a former resident of King West] (not so full of character but mostly overpriced restaurants in reclaimed brick buildings) I was particularily drawn to the character of the Junction/Wallace Emerson area and that's why I chose to make it my future home. It has the bones to become something pretty special. It is especially encouraging that those choosing to move there are deeply passionate about its future. This forum is a testament to that. My preference is we keep it positive and if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all (or just move to the Beaches).

Bravo Adam....well said !!
I believe negative only brings negative ... I prefer the positive .... thank you

Back