338     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 903     0 

Upside Down Condos (Channington Developments, Brownstone Group) - Real Estate -

yyzfa

Member Bio
Reaction score
So Rikk,

How did the opening go? Any big changes from Phase One? Looking forward to hear what you learned from Phase Two.

So Rikk,

How did the opening go? Any big changes from Phase One? Looking forward to hear what you learned from Phase Two.

Well the event went off well from what I heard and seen. The day before there was a private event and 50 units were sold on Nov. 27th. The Saturday by appointment only viewing was attended by many people, also there was a small line up, but you did not have to wait long.

Now the details for the building (Phase 2) are as follows;

1. Building is going to be 13 stories tall, and not 14 as was proposed, the reason I have no idea.

2. The unit layouts are very different from phase 1, and I think phase 1 unit layout is much...much better! Phase 2 did not do it for me, and there was even a unit that had a bedroom that had no windows (Unit 792 2 bedroom 792 sq.ft.). How can you have bedroom with no window! I found the use of living space not well used at all. Some unite were very nice but some were not so nice.

3. The prices have changed per sq.ft has gone up the price ranges were from 159,000 (516 sqft) – 293,000 (854 sq.ft), also the maintenance cost has changed. In phase 1 it was 0.26 sq.ft and in phase 2 it is 0.38 sq.ft

4. Still the same choices for finishes………

My overall personal opinion is that of So-So one great injection into the area, but the condo floor plans are just not as nice as phase 1. Also I had a small chat with Robert Falus, and the driveway issue is going to be a huge problem if you’re going to have another potentially 300 cars parked at 2 condos…. Using the same bottle neck driveway I am not satisfied with the enforcement now…which there is none. People parking at the side of the Dollar Store, 2 major accidents because of that, things need to be addressed

Thanks for the update on phase 2.

I am actually a bit surprised the layouts have gotten worse. I had heard that in phase 2 that they would be fixing the placement of the washer/dryer because as it stands now, most of the layouts have it placed in the den so you can't utilize that wall fully. I am actually glad I didn't wait for phase 2 then.

Thanks for the update on phase 2.

I am actually a bit surprised the layouts have gotten worse. I had heard that in phase 2 that they would be fixing the placement of the washer/dryer because as it stands now, most of the layouts have it placed in the den so you can't utilize that wall fully. I am actually glad I didn't wait for phase 2 then.

Your welcome!

I purchased the 735 sqft unit...and the W/D is just outside the den. It’s an ok placement I still have use of the full den minus 3 ft. The unit 690 sqft is the same unit but is from 1-11, where as mine there is 12-14.

I did forget to mention one small detail, phase 2 purchases without an agent the bonus is a 1000.00 off the price at closing. Most developments do not always sell all the units after completion so there is a possibility that the developer will do a sale on the remaining units so people can wait until then but the pickings will not be as nice.

But again there is the possibility that the price could go up and that depends on how well the sales go in the adjoining developments......The Foundry Lofts still has about 6 units not sold...and they are averaging 400k.

Also I was informed by R. Falus that phase 5&6 could possibly be launched late 2010 or early 2011

Floor plans for phase 1

http://truecondos.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/My-Electric-City-floor-plans-ALL.pdf

Rikk, Thanks for the update on phase 2. I checked out the site to see if they had posted the floor plans for phase two, sadly, not yet. I'm very curious to see what they look like. I mean I could always go over to the sale office and take a look. They're probably already hanging up.

I personally wasn't too crazy with the W/D being in the den as well. A shame that they didn't offer that bonus for phase 1, as I bought my unit without an agent. That's insane that they could possibly be launching phase 5 and 6 in late 2010 - early 2011. By the time we all start moving in to our new place, that whole area will have gotten a MASSIVE face change and for the best.

Rikk, Thanks for the update on phase 2. I checked out the site to see if they had posted the floor plans for phase two, sadly, not yet. I'm very curious to see what they look like. I mean I could always go over to the sale office and take a look. They're probably already hanging up.

I personally wasn't too crazy with the W/D being in the den as well. A shame that they didn't offer that bonus for phase 1, as I bought my unit without an agent. That's insane that they could possibly be launching phase 5 and 6 in late 2010 - early 2011. By the time we all start moving in to our new place, that whole area will have gotten a MASSIVE face change and for the best.

I do have the floor plans but not a digital copy, and I have gone thought it. Phase 1 is the better one……. I am very pleased with my choice of the unit I purchased…..I have windows on the east side: 1 in the den, 3 in the bedroom, and then the balcony sliding door….

You’re going to crap your pants when I tell you the deal I got. I live in the Standard Lofts and on July 2008 I received a leaflet offering all tenants an opportunity to buy into UpsidedownCondos (Electric City), 5% down and this was done through a payment plan every other month…5% down only…also the DAP Developers Assistance Plan, every month when I pay my rent I will be given a 100.00 dollar credit per month to my closing costs………so as it goes the closing is projected to be Dec. 2011..that will be 40 months. Since I bought very early I had the chance to pick a great unit as well save for a higher down payment plus the DAP. I think since I purchased from the conception I was given a great opportunity by the developer.

If you have a chance look at the new phase 1 floor plans, and compare it to the old one, my Unit has been increased is size (room layout). My bedroom has increased by almost a foot (10’4” x 12’11”) some changes have taken place. Also a little know fact Unit 1403 was going to be a 2 story loft, but now the unit has been reduced to a one level unit.

The development of phase 5&6 will increase our value...plus the proposed stores that will be going in such as a bank, and grocery stoore will be such a boom to the value as well.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, the floor plans for Phase 2 in on the site now. Having gone through them, I'm actually happy I bought into Phase 1. On a side note, I wonder if we'll have access to each other's facilities? Phase 2 has the media room and Phase 1 seems to have a larger gym.

If anyone is interested, the floor plans for Phase 2 in on the site now. Having gone through them, I'm actually happy I bought into Phase 1. On a side note, I wonder if we'll have access to each other's facilities? Phase 2 has the media room and Phase 1 seems to have a larger gym.

I totally agree about the floor plans! What are the major differences that you see from the unit you purchased Phase 1 to the comparable unit in Phase 2?

I was even told the valuse of the units in Phase 1 has already increased.

Anyone have any news about what is the percentage of sales in Phase 2?

Rikk

I totally agree about the floor plans! What are the major differences that you see from the unit you purchased Phase 1 to the comparable unit in Phase 2?

I was even told the valuse of the units in Phase 1 has already increased.

Anyone have any news about what is the percentage of sales in Phase 2?

Rikk

The unit closest to mine, the living/dining area has lost 1 sq foot and there's no island for the kitchen, other than that, it's pretty much the same thing. BTW, on the FB group you said you had some interesting news RIKK, what's the news?

The unit closest to mine, the living/dining area has lost 1 sq foot and there's no island for the kitchen, other than that, it's pretty much the same thing. BTW, on the FB group you said you had some interesting news RIKK, what's the news?

As well as with the unit closest to mine, it is not as well planned out a loss of 5sq.ft. and the layout is not well thought out.

But the layout 2 bedroom + den 691 sq.ft. is one of the nicest units plans.

I did post some info on FB under discussions....I will post some documents I have found on the web....

1. I will also open a discussion about 1011 Lansdowne
2. Robert Falus and my 30 minute conversation I had with him regarding the the development of Phase1-8.

But the layout 2 bedroom + den 691 sq.ft. is one of the nicest units plans.

no offense to purchasers in this project, but this is ridiculous that a 2B+D unit is only 691 sq.ft. :eek: ... there's no way that it could be a decent suite

no offense to purchasers in this project, but this is ridiculous that a 2B+D unit is only 691 sq.ft. :eek: ... there's no way that it could be a decent suite

No arguments here.................I have a 1B+den at 735sq.ft (21'4"x29'9" rectangle)and that is small.... I can not fathom anything smaller plus being a 2B+den.
There is no real living space in the 691 unit..But the 691 sq.ft. (26'3"x 25'6")is one of the better layouts of Phase 2......which says a lot, as Phase 2 is not equal to Phase 1.

i hope that's a typo ... how in the world do you squeeze 2B + D into 691 SF, unless the bedrooms are 8 FT x 8 FT cubicles !?!

i hope that's a typo ... how in the world do you squeeze 2B + D into 691 SF, unless the bedrooms are 8 FT x 8 FT cubicles !?!

I don’t know how they did it....but the you right about the bedrooms; masters is 9'6"x11" second is 7'9"x8'6" way to small........I think a min. size should be at least 10'x10'

Here are the starting sizes of units....it's not a complete list but at which each category will start at

1 bedroom starting at 512 sq.ft.
1 bedroom + den starting at 605 sq.ft.
2 bedroom starting at 645 sq.ft.
2 bedroom + den starting at 691 sq.ft

Last edited:

Back