Upper East Village (Camrost-Felcorp) - Real Estate -

They finally fixed my heat after 1.5 months. It ended up being they didnt connect one of the air ducts lol...took they way too long to fix it though..now I can feel lots of air flow in all vents

There are honestly some things you think would be standard. I would have thought by now we would have got smart thermostats. I also thought we would have gotten a pull out facuet in the kitchen sink as listed in our Schedule A (or is it B i forget). But nope, not included, they changed their minds. Mind you I didnt upgrade to the black faucets and my unit, 2bed+2bath 860 sq feet, had almost no upgrade options available besides counter colours, floor colours and faucets. I was hoping to upgrade that appliance to full size

If you want to take a look at what units look like. Try going on house sigma or realator.ca and search for 33 Frederick Todd way for units for lease, tons of units on there with photos
i wasn't aware of any black faucets. i would have opted for those ! i have a feeling i will be changing a few things in there anyway once i settle in. the goal is to stay long term, so i may as well change things like the faucet once the first year warranty is done.

connecting air ducts and adjusting the vents must be a common issue. lol
i will be sure to test out the heating in july , once i'm in. lol

i have seen the units online, but i really want to walk into a few and take a look around.

wow that is right around the corner! only 3 weeks. i have never bought a condo from plans, so im not too familiar with how the occupancy fee situation works. i hope its only for a few months, and not a year long thing.
any insight is appreciated!
This is my 2nd pre-con. I moved into the other one near the end as I was in an LPH unit. I cant remember for sure but it may have been 4-5 months of occupancy fees. If we use that as an example, 4 months after the last floor moves in, which I think is the 21st floor. For this building I submitted 12 post dated cheque's for occupancy fees. I hope it ends earlier.

Fees will be Unit price (and parking if purchased) minus your deposit. Multiple that by bank of canada 1 year convential mortgage rate, currently 6.29%, divide that total by 12 to get the monthly fee. But then you need to add approx property taxes and approx maintenance fees. So its a lot. If i was given the option to pay a lump sum for a 1% admin fee I would have

i wasn't aware of any black faucets. i would have opted for those ! i have a feeling i will be changing a few things in there anyway once i settle in. the goal is to stay long term, so i may as well change things like the faucet once the first year warranty is done.

connecting air ducts and adjusting the vents must be a common issue. lol
i will be sure to test out the heating in july , once i'm in. lol

i have seen the units online, but i really want to walk into a few and take a look around.
This is so strange. Camrost is all over the place offering certain buyers/units certain upgrades and financial options for occupancy. They told me at first that the larger appliances were restricted to 1000+ sq feet units. Then i see some that are 900 sq ft have them.

Also be glad to know that this week they finally fixed the hot water, was just warm for my first 2 months here. Multiple complaints and I was told its because not enough people moved in. By the time everyone here moves in I will have everything taken care of :)

This is my 2nd pre-con. I moved into the other one near the end as I was in an LPH unit. I cant remember for sure but it may have been 4-5 months of occupancy fees. If we use that as an example, 4 months after the last floor moves in, which I think is the 21st floor. For this building I submitted 12 post dated cheque's for occupancy fees. I hope it ends earlier.

Fees will be Unit price (and parking if purchased) minus your deposit. Multiple that by bank of canada 1 year convential mortgage rate, currently 6.29%, divide that total by 12 to get the monthly fee. But then you need to add approx property taxes and approx maintenance fees. So its a lot. If i was given the option to pay a lump sum for a 1% admin fee I would have
i think i will go take another blood pressure pill. lol i'm doing the math in my head ! yikes. i will cross my fingers it ends soon!!!

This is so strange. Camrost is all over the place offering certain buyers/units certain upgrades and financial options for occupancy. They told me at first that the larger appliances were restricted to 1000+ sq feet units. Then i see some that are 900 sq ft have them.

Also be glad to know that this week they finally fixed the hot water, was just warm for my first 2 months here. Multiple complaints and I was told its because not enough people moved in. By the time everyone here moves in I will have everything taken care of :)
i guess it depends on the size of the kitchen space? thats the only thing i can think of.
i didn't upgrade anything because the upper floors already have the larger appliances . i would have liked to bring in my own tiles for the bathroom tho !

as long as everything is fixable, i think it will be a beautiful building. Am excited to move, and not have to move again for another 10 years!

Wow thank you for the info and your insight. 6.29% is shocking, but i guess that is the environment we are in now.

Back