859     3 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 274     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 630     1 

Update: Bathurst / King (21.06.06)

H

holoron

I took some more pictures of the neighbourhood yesterday. Lots of changes.

IMG_5333.JPG

Victoria Park is getting a face lift

IMG_5334.JPG

this will probably be the site for that hotel project mentioned on this forum earlier.

IMG_5332.JPG

another angle of the hotel site

IMG_5335.JPG

people have moved in

IMG_5336.JPG

stewart st. transformation

IMG_5337.JPG

the art theatre and neighbour no more... demo'ed in the past 2 weeks.

IMG_5338.JPG

IMG_5339.JPG

455 adelaide breaking ground

IMG_5342.JPG

the crane is going up at sixty lofts.

thats all for now!

Cool, thanks!

Interesting rounded retaining wall in that last pic. I don't think I've seen one of those before.

holoron, I saw that fence earlier this week, did you also notice all the yellow X’s spray painted on the trees? I’ve got a sneaky suspicion that they’re going to be getting the axe.

Yes, the X'ed trees will soon be history. It's a shame because there are some VERY mature trees about to go.

A very happening neighbourhood!

Nice to see Victoria Park is getting some TLC.

there was a little pamphlet passed around regarding what they were up to in victoria park. The 'X'ed' trees are actually an invasive species (norwegian maples) that will eventually out compete the rest of the trees in the park. So they are taking those out and replacing them with native trees. Who ever is in charge must have known people would be upset with the tree cutting so they through a town hall meeting to let everyone know what was up.

I agree about the retaining wall.. never seen a circular style.. perhaps that corner is where the ramp will be?

It doesn't seem to make much sense to me; these are mature trees in a park that is covered in a carpet of grass. If it bordered a green belt or a larger park it would seem reasonable to cut them down so the don't spread. I find it highly unlikely that these trees unless they're Ents from the Fangorn Forest, will spread out of this small park.

Wow that was unusually geeky of me.

Maybe they don't want the trees to spread too much in the park.

All they have to do is pull up the seeds when they take root.

What a shame. Those are lovely trees. I think I will chain myself to one of them.

This area will really look different in the next few years.

Back