News   May 14, 2024
 826     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 1K     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 515     0 

Universal Health Care - Still Not Possible in US

We're still playing catch-up from the disasterous idea that the number of doctors drives the overall health care budget, and that spending growth can be kept in check by cutting enrollment at medical schools.

I have noticed here in Canada that slowly the drugs required to treat minor afflictions are becoming over the counter drugs where we don't have to visit the doctor and have them tell us we have an eye infection etc......doctors control what afflictions they treat and to some extent what drugs the government will pay for.......we have to learn to regulate the medical profession better.

Olbermann's Report on August 3rd

Last night Keith Olbermann on MSNBC dropped a bomb of a report on how Congress Members are being "influenced" by the Insurance Companies, drug companies etc. and he goes on record to "name names". Equally explosive was that the Town Hall objectors against Obama's Health Care initiative are people hired by the insurance companies and are moved from one location to another with a prepared manual on how to disrupt Town Hall meetings. He goes on to report that the insurance companies are spending upwards of one and a half million dollars a day to fight Obama's plan.

Here's a link to the opening of Olbermann's one-hour show last night. The show continues by clicking on the smaller windows to the left of the main video window. This is really worth a watch.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#32276805

Obama appears will have a hard time.

Critics have been really added pressure and considering nothing will be done for a month, lets see...

Last night Keith Olbermann on MSNBC dropped a bomb of a report on how Congress Members are being "influenced" by the Insurance Companies, drug companies etc. and he goes on record to "name names". Equally explosive was that the Town Hall objectors against Obama's Health Care initiative are people hired by the insurance companies and are moved from one location to another with a prepared manual on how to disrupt Town Hall meetings. He goes on to report that the insurance companies are spending upwards of one and a half million dollars a day to fight Obama's plan.

I've already watched Sicko so none of this is surprising. I think the movie even details the amount of money the insurance and health care industries paid Hilary Clinton.

Its worth noting the US has a shortage of primary care physicians as well, so we know the system of funding isn't the cause of the lack of docs.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31507763/ns/health-health_care/

I'm doubtful health reform will help encourage more primary care physicians as Canada also faces a shortage, but its interesting both nations face a lack of primary care physicians.

Combine the low pay (in comparsion with other doctors), debt load of medical school, the threat of being sued at all times (pushing insurance costs to high levels), and a payment system that is screwed-up (Medicare/Medicaid, along side the paperwork, doesn't make doctors to any money after the costs; insurance companies that you have to push for services, and patients who will never pay for free care); why would you want to deal with that?

Here's a link to the opening of Olbermann's one-hour show last night. The show continues by clicking on the smaller windows to the left of the main video window. This is really worth a watch.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#32276805

Keith Olbermann is the Glenn Beck of the left. Take what he says with a grain of salt (Not I disagree or agree with Olbermann).

Olbermann may be hyperbolic, but he offers true journalism. He's fighting against a right machine and is reactionary, he doesn't create the problem.

All the right wing crazies have to do is create fictitious death panels and start acting crazy and Olbermann's material is already there to laugh at.

I doubt Obama is in any danger but expect the Republicans to do much better then expected in the 2010 elections.

With lower number of blacks and younger people voting in those elections, I think Seniors may punish the democrats over health care.

The first major hurtle tonight as The House passes the Health Care Vote 220 - 215 at 11:15pm. 1 Republican voted to support the vote along with 219 Democrats. 39 Democrats and 176 Republicans voted against it.

That's the next battle, the big battle.
And unfortunately they won't even get something resembling universal health care out of it.

I appreciate the idea of easing the country through the change, but I really can't see anyone agreeing on anything more than what's currently being sent through congress.

I always find it funny how the US, the most powerful single nation on Earth, has views that are actually radically different from most other western nations. It seems that outside BosWash, California and Chicago, the country really doesn't want to have to help lead the world through modern values and good choices. Looking at something like the Iraq war is a good example. Through support form the Republican states, the country invaded Iraq, which was a move that just about every other country on Earth was opposed to.

Back