News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 376     0 

U of T: Rotman Expansion/Ctr for Jurisdictional Advantage and Prosperity (KPMB)

The interiors vary greatly, some parts are incredible and others will look outdated in a matter of months.

I'm a big fan of the outside (except for the hyper-reflective glass that will take the lives of many birds), which interacts with the street much better than I thought it would. Overall it's a sleek, functional, and memorable addition to the university.

Seriously? That's my favourite part! I love that colour with the grey. Grey and pink go great together IMHO.

The pink is a dash of boldness and energy in what is otherwise a sedate contemporary interior. The finishes are surprisingly dull for a University of Toronto building. Even the patio and green roof look tired and staid. The tables and chairs look as if found in some lowly faculty lounge. I think that the university will be quickly motivated to renovate in 20 years.

Well, it certainly doesn't ruin the view from within Massey College. I was there for lunch today and, afterwards, strolled through the leafy quadrangle. The striking mass of the college's orange brick, enclosing the courtyard about me, and the mature trees, and the foreshortening effect when glancing up at Rotman's neutral grey buildings, all contributed to a delightful, harmonious experience.

Glad to see a fellow Masseyite on here! Are you a JF?

Back