News   Aug 06, 2024
 451     0 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 2.8K     1 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 4.8K     3 

TTC: Streetcar Network

What is that history?
The Toronto Harbour Commission built tracks along Queens Quay from the CPR’s freight yard north of Fleet Street (around Fort York) to CN’s Don Yard just west of the Don River. CN didnt want the TTC to operate streetcars between Fleet St and the Portland area so they deliberately installed trackage in way such that the TTC wouldnt be able to operate in.

Good history piece here:

And here:

The Toronto Harbour Commission built tracks along Queens Quay from the CPR’s freight yard north of Fleet Street (around Fort York) to CN’s Don Yard just west of the Don River. CN didnt want the TTC to operate streetcars between Fleet St and the Portland area so they deliberately installed trackage in way such that the TTC wouldnt be able to operate in.

Good history piece here:

And here:
Thank you for that. I knew Toronto was a working port, but I never envisioned so much railway infrastructure along the shore.

Thank you for that. I knew Toronto was a working port, but I never envisioned so much railway infrastructure along the shore.
There used to be a ramp from GO Bathurst North yard area that went up to Spadina Ave and crossover it and Front St to that triangle parking lot area where a yard was for picking up good from them or putting goods on them. I remember seeing tracks on QQ after service ended for their needs until they were removed to Redpath which know have been removed to Parliament.

There is
There used to be a ramp from GO Bathurst North yard area that went up to Spadina Ave and crossover it and Front St to that triangle parking lot area where a yard was for picking up good from them or putting goods on them. I remember seeing tracks on QQ after service ended for their needs until they were removed to Redpath which know have been removed to Parliament.
Thee is a huge amount on the old freight branch lines at https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/maps-of-torontos-old-rail-lines.25310/

July 19
The contractor that some hate doing various project should wrap up their work on King St from Dufferin to Shaw by the end of the month. Depending on when work will move from Shaw to Strachan, it will be done before the September date.

The only work for trackwork is waiting for TTC to install the westbound rails for the King underpass. Eastbound rails waiting for concrete to be pour. Some road rebuilt at Sudbury is waiting concrete pouring. A strip beside the tracks have been mill the full route and waiting to be pave, but the city needs to look at repaving both lanes 100% as a lot of areas in rough shape.

TTC has started to place new brackets on the support wire that will support a new style of hanger with the current line been moved to the road area. TTC is building the new Dufferin intersection on top of the old one and not finished yet. Fail to look Shaw intersection to see if any work has started on the overhead and expect not since the 504 is detouring by Shaw in the first place.

More up on my site in 4 locations for the day.
53870064610_f71b4990b0_b.jpg

53868747232_bbc6048316_b.jpg

53869656761_836d97561d_b.jpg

53872508039_3874e57a35_b.jpg

53871316387_566ae8a3af_b.jpg

53872220326_4e8949d182_b.jpg

53871316422_86960e770e_b.jpg

Back