News   Jul 19, 2024
 849     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.7K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

TTC Review From A London (UK) Based Transport Planner

It would be nice if they used the little screens in the new subways to show what connections are available from each of the stops as they occur....they do this in Milan. So when you are approaching King station it would have something along the lines of Bus:97,141,142143,144,145,172, 320 Streetcar 503 Kingston, 504 King, 508 Lake Shore and then a list of some major attractions near that station...

I remember hearing a report twenty or so years ago that said Ontario was the worst province or state in North America for tourists to find their way around in. That related mainly to highway signage and subsequently the Province has put up all those generic tourist directional signs, but it shows that as Ontarians we are relatively introverted about our province. We don't think about how tourists or newcomers will find their way around.

Yep, it still too often seems to be the case that we put up signs that are meaningful mostly to ourselves or people who know what to look for. I think we still have a few signs as you come off the Gardiner that read

ROM
AGO
(arrow)

as if everyone knows what those stand for.

It would be nice if they used the little screens in the new subways to show what connections are available from each of the stops as they occur....they do this in Milan. So when you are approaching King station it would have something along the lines of Bus:97,141,142143,144,145,172, 320 Streetcar 503 Kingston, 504 King, 508 Lake Shore and then a list of some major attractions near that station...

I think Montreal does this as well.

Back