News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 420     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Presumably there is concern that a) it snows and b) when it doesn't snow, there is a lack of urgency to maintain. Crosswalk lines are usually faded to almost nothing before the city renews them, for example.

There are fiscal conservatives on city council to want to paint lane lines and road markings every two years, to save on money. I, for one, seen them fade away after 6 months.

Are they? Buses are barely any wider (102 inches vs. 100 inches) than streetcars.

But the rear wheels of a bus don't steer, resulting in front end swing (i.e. the front and rear wheels taking different paths). That doesn't work without a lot of extra room, but there isn't any extra room in a tunnel that's been built for rail vehicles where all wheels always take the same path.

Is it likely that the Queens Quay East Portal will have a higher turn radius for smoother turns? It wouldn't make sense to make the two portals symmetrical, unless the west portal is replaced.

Is it likely that the Queens Quay East Portal will have a higher turn radius for smoother turns? It wouldn't make sense to make the two portals symmetrical, unless the west portal is replaced.
There is clearly a limit on how wide the radius can be if they want to keep any tunnel on/under public land (i.e. under the road allowance). No doubt the TTC would prefer a larger radius both east and west but streetcars are designed to make tight turns.

There is clearly a limit on how wide the radius can be if they want to keep any tunnel on/under public land (i.e. under the road allowance). No doubt the TTC would prefer a larger radius both east and west but streetcars are designed to make tight turns.
They could shift the QQW-Bay junction and QQW portal south to the curb lane, with a touch of infill at the dock east of the Westin to ease construction of QQE exit portal. This would allow for more slightly more generous turns. But they should have done that in the first place when QQW was moved - presumably Harbour Square condos would have objected as construction would have impacted on their parking garage access.

Eglinton station closed. Shuttles running since around 11:45 between St. Clair and Lawrence.

Hope your Monday is going better than those waiting for a shuttle bus. One shows up :-D. And it's full :-(
IMG_20180326_130322[1].jpg
IMG_20180326_130325[1].jpg
IMG_20180326_130329[1].jpg
IMG_20180326_130341[1].jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180326_130322[1].jpg
    IMG_20180326_130322[1].jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_20180326_130325[1].jpg
    IMG_20180326_130325[1].jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_20180326_130329[1].jpg
    IMG_20180326_130329[1].jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_20180326_130341[1].jpg
    IMG_20180326_130341[1].jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 271
510, 511 and 512 are 100% ready. I am assuming they fix the problem at Bloor loop for 510 by now.

The Queensway and Lake Shore are ready west of Sunnyside. Can't speak to the loops since I haven't had a look at them in months. Mainly the hold up is for intersections on King & Queen, but there are a number of other intersections as well.

Until King & Queen 100% complete, stopping pans from being used on 510, 511 and 512. Not sure if King/Queen/Roncy intersection will be done this year or put on hold until next year when the intersection is rebuilt. Starting next month if things are on track, Roncy yard is close for rebuilt with overhead being done west of Roncy on the Queensway up to the rebuilt section and in the yard.

Any update to this, @drum118?

Also, for fun reading.

tractionpower_004c.jpg

Any update to this, @drum118?

Also, for fun reading.

tractionpower_004c.jpg
Haven't seen or heard anything new for this. Based on this map, the earliest pans can be use from the Barns by King St is 2019. Need to check Queen and Parliament, but otherwise could be use for pans once this year work is done to get cars to routes that are pan ready.

There are a few spots not mark and need to be replace. Humber Loop is one of them and should be done for April.

There are sections of straight track where the OS needs to be replace on 504, 501, 505, 506 and short turn routes.

If this maps remain as is, the OS will be 3 years late being done than plan for.

Part of TTC's Line 1 closed for three days this weekend

March 26, 2018

This Friday, the portion of Line 1 Yonge-University between Finch West and Wilson stations will close until start of service on Monday morning as TTC crews perform track work related to Automatic Train Control (ATC) installation.

Express shuttle buses will run on all three days and all stations will remain open. Wheel-Trans will be available at Finch West and Lawrence West for customers requiring an accessible connection. Customers can speak with any TTC staff member to request service.
When ATC is fully implemented on Line 1, it will provide a more modern and reliable signal system that will allow for an increase in the number of trains operating on the line. While the TTC does most subway maintenance at the conclusion of service each night, it continues to require weekend closures to complete critical infrastructure and ATC upgrades.

The TTC is committed to keeping our customers informed about subway closures and alternative routes. Customer service ambassadors are available to answer questions throughout the weekend. For the most up-to-date information, subscribe to @TTCnotices on Twitter or sign up for eAlerts at ttc.ca.

The next scheduled subway closures are:
- April 8: Line 2 Bloor-Danforth - St George to Broadview - late opening for track work
- April 14-15: Line 2 - Kipling to Jane for track work
- April 21-22: Line 1 - St Clair West to Union for ATC signal upgrades

There are a few spots not mark and need to be replace. Humber Loop is one of them and should be done for April.

I believe if you look closely, the TTC has 'marked' Humber Loop, and some other sections, in white to indicate they are completed.

Part of TTC's Line 1 closed for three days this weekend

March 26, 2018

This Friday, the portion of Line 1 Yonge-University between Finch West and Wilson stations will close until start of service on Monday morning as TTC crews perform track work related to Automatic Train Control (ATC) installation.

Express shuttle buses will run on all three days and all stations will remain open. Wheel-Trans will be available at Finch West and Lawrence West for customers requiring an accessible connection. Customers can speak with any TTC staff member to request service.
When ATC is fully implemented on Line 1, it will provide a more modern and reliable signal system that will allow for an increase in the number of trains operating on the line. While the TTC does most subway maintenance at the conclusion of service each night, it continues to require weekend closures to complete critical infrastructure and ATC upgrades.

The TTC is committed to keeping our customers informed about subway closures and alternative routes. Customer service ambassadors are available to answer questions throughout the weekend. For the most up-to-date information, subscribe to @TTCnotices on Twitter or sign up for eAlerts at ttc.ca.

The next scheduled subway closures are:
- April 8: Line 2 Bloor-Danforth - St George to Broadview - late opening for track work
- April 14-15: Line 2 - Kipling to Jane for track work
- April 21-22: Line 1 - St Clair West to Union for ATC signal upgrades

Sounds like ATC work in the crazy 'plant' switch area from Wilson Yard. Maybe this will rectify the issues they were having north of the open cut beside the yard, where they switch to/from ATC. IIRC some delays were happening there.

It's really frustrating that the scheduled subway closures are put out at the start of the year then constantly changed on a regular basis. I went through the effort of loading all of the ones relevant to me (anything between Bloor-Yonge down across the U all the way up to VMC) into my calendar, there were a ton of Bloor-Union ones which have all disappeared and now there are Finch W - Lawrence W ones. It would be nice if they could make up their minds, or not publish the information until they're reasonably certain.

It's really frustrating that the scheduled subway closures are put out at the start of the year then constantly changed on a regular basis. I went through the effort of loading all of the ones relevant to me (anything between Bloor-Yonge down across the U all the way up to VMC) into my calendar, there were a ton of Bloor-Union ones which have all disappeared and now there are Finch W - Lawrence W ones. It would be nice if they could make up their minds, or not publish the information until they're reasonably certain.
Oh, come on! Many of the closures are required due to Metrolinx work on the Eglinton Crosstown and if something slips on their project then it will mean the closure is not necessary. Even the ones where only TTC is involved , I bet there are lots of variables (staff, equipment and material availability, priorities and... ) If they only announced closures a week or so ahead of time (when they would be more definite) you (or someone here) would be the first to complain that one got no advance warning.

Back