News   May 10, 2024
 2K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 3.1K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

In this case, the suggestion was that a passenger was hitting other passengers...... The yellow strip is entirely appropriate for that.

Yes and no - my understanding is that the protocol is stop ASAP, have the doors open and wait until the first responder arrives - which might or might not be appropriate, and generally takes so much time that anyone who have the mind to escape would have done so.

AoD

I’ve never pressed the strip, I’ve heard stories where the train has stopped before. Why are you expecting a random passenger (me) to understand the process?

There have been countless education campaigns on this............and IF you were a regular rider on the TTC, which for the record, I do not believe; you would surely have experience at least a few alarm stops over the years.

That you apparently have only heard stories suggests you do not ride the TTC.

Buddy is a term like bro. If someone says bro you don’t assume the are related?

I don't want you or anyone else referring to me as 'Bro' either.

Here, NL is fine, if an appellation is required.

In real life, if we knew each other, you could use my name.

Failing that Sir would be fine.

I am not your buddy or bro; nor Mack, nor pal.

Yes and no - my understanding is that the protocol is stop ASAP, have the doors open and wait until the first responder arrives - which might or might not be appropriate, and generally takes so much time that anyone who have the mind to escape would have done so.

AoD

If people are being hit, which is an assault, the appropriate action is to minimize the risk of any injury first. 'Catching' someone is secondary.

There are cameras everywhere, if apprehension is desired, it wouldn't be a challenge.

In this case, the suggestion was that a passenger was hitting other passengers...... The yellow strip is entirely appropriate for that.
Since you seem to want the details, ~3 years ago there was a lady on drugs or something just screaming out loud. A guy told her to shut up and then she came over and started hitting him and his buddy. Meth heads aren’t really known for their strength, but instead of her running off I’d rather there be an officer. I received your Health or it would be recorded.

People don’t generally get off at Warden so I was assuming they were going to Kennedy. It’s normal for trains to wait in the in the tunnel so if they need to hold until someone got there it wouldn’t stand out too much.

I don’t want them to runoff though, that’s the issue we have people who do whatever they feel like then leave and if there ever caught the last incident isn’t recorded so they are free to go to for the most part.
So what is it exactly you want? The person on your train could file a police report with a description of the aggressor. If they weren’t hurt, I don’t exactly blame them for not bothering though.

Reactions: DSC
There have been countless education campaigns on this............and IF you were a regular rider on the TTC, which for the record, I do not believe; you would surely have experience at least a few alarm stops over the years.

That you apparently have only heard stories suggests you do not ride the TTC.

I don't want you or anyone else referring to me as 'Bro' either.

Here, NL is fine, if an appellation is required.

In real life, if we knew each other, you could use my name.

Failing that Sir would be fine.

I am not your buddy or bro; nor Mack, nor pal.
You’ve been hostile to me this entire exchange and seem to find it unfathomable that I experienced someone exhibiting mentally unwell behaviour and came across a jaded ttc employee. You literally called me a liar for saying I take the ttc

(Which is hilarious because I went to see the 504 King go on church and Richmond Street yesterday out of curiosity due to the watemain closure)

The only campaign I remember is if you see something say something (which I did attempt)

Then you say my actions are wrong, and get mad at me for calling you buddy (which is literally how I refer to strangers in person)

What have I done to you to get this?

So what is it exactly you want? The person on your train could file a police report with a description of the aggressor. If they weren’t hurt, I don’t exactly blame them for not bothering though.
Because frankly they don’t care unless they have the person in custody.

Then you say my actions are wrong, and get mad at me for calling you buddy (which is literally how I refer to strangers in person)

I'm not 'mad' at you for that; but I am correcting you. I am not your buddy. I would also never address a stranger that way. I see it as disrespectful and obnoxious.

What have I done to you to get this?

From the time you joined Urban Toronto you have bashed GO Transit and the TTC non-stop.

You have repeatedly stated a preference for driving and parking everywhere.

You've opposed dense development.

You have failed to show any good faith interest in the subjects near and dear to UT members, and have, in fact, actively opposed almost everything that is stood for by the UT community.

That's what.

You have further exacerbated the above trolling behaviors by making extreme statements which often have a questionable relationship to facts.

You have regularly confused anecdote with evidence, and shown little interest in learning about subjects before pontificating on them.

I won't engage in a flame-war.

I respond to you solely to correct the mis-statements, and non-facts you post regularly so that UT members who are well intended don't confuse you with someone posting facts.

For the record, I do not believe you are here in good faith to contribute as a member of this community. I have yet to see you contribute original information, or demonstrate any genuine interest in constructively making our City better, or following
along with assorted developments.

Because frankly they don’t care unless they have the person in custody.
So then what would you have done to make sure the police have them in custody? Telling an employee who is not even on the train is pretty useless. How are they really expected to communicate properly with control? There’s also still a chance the aggressor would leave when the train got to Kennedy before police arrived anyway.

I'm not 'mad' at you for that; but I am correcting you. I am not your buddy. I would also never address a stranger that way. I see it as disrespectful and obnoxious.

From the time you joined Urban Toronto you have bashed GO Transit and the TTC non-stop.

You have failed to show any good faith interest in the subjects near and dear to UT members, and have, in fact, actively opposed almost everything that is stood for by the UT community.

That's what.

You have further exacerbated the above trolling behaviors by making extreme statements which often have a questionable relationship to facts.

You have regularly confused anecdote with evidence, and shown little interest in learning about subjects before pontificating on them.

I respond to you solely to correct the mis-statements, and non-facts you post regularly so that UT members who are well intended don't confuse you with someone posting facts.

For the record, I do not believe you are here in good faith to contribute as a member of this community. I have yet to see you contribute original information, or demonstrate any genuine interest in constructively making our City better, or following
I'm not here to bash anything. It's also a lot more rude to call someone a liar but that ship has sailed.

I find a lot of people have really pie in the sky ideas that don't translate into reality.
I love go and the TTC but there are so many issues (some cultural, some political) that really hold it back and at the end of the day the riders are the ones who get the short end of the stick.

As I mentioned I went downtown yesterday to literally see a streetcar diversion (I also rode all the way from high park to carleton when they were running up bay for fun)
I just came back from taking some time to see the the construction on Queensway.
I visited every subway station last year to get a transfer to make a map. (Ironically it was very hard to go on a weekend with no closures as I wasn't going to take a vacation day to do it)
Literally spent 14 hours that day on the ttc and almost all of it was on the platform waiting for a train!

Does that sound like someone who hates transit and wants to bash it?

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

So then what would you have done to make sure the police have them in custody? Telling an employee who is not even on the train is pretty useless. How are they really expected to communicate properly with control? There’s also still a chance the aggressor would leave when the train got to Kennedy before police arrived anyway.
Ideally he'd be able to call control and the train would hold in the tunnel before kennedy before the special constables could come. If I call the info number how long would they take to transfer to the right person vs him calling control right away?

That's what.

If one finds a fellow UT-er (buddy or not) objectionable it is probably best to "Ignore" them. I have 2 people on my ignore list and my mental health is much improved :->

bnr-constserv2.jpg

Tender
ecblank.gif
Solicitation
number:
Commodity:Construction Services, Construction Services
Description:Watermain Installation and TTC Track Replacement at Gerrard Street East and Coxwell Avenue Intersection
Request for Tenders for Watermain Installation and TTC Track Replacement at Gerrard Street East and Coxwell Avenue Intersection.

Refer to: http://discovery.ariba.com/rfx/15278620
Issue date:January 31, 2023
ecblank.gif
Closing date:February 21, 2023
at 12:00 Noon
ecblank.gif

pdf.gif
NOIP- Doc 3846914594.pdf (77 Kbytes) - Posted on 01/31/2023 02:57:33 PM
Buyer:Porcarelli, Michael
ecblank.gif
Phone number:416-338-5585
Email:Michael.Porcarelli@toronto.ca