News   Apr 26, 2024
 117     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 412     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.2K     4 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Reactions: DSC
Bondfield at it's best, scamming taxpayers money and bribing officials for contracts.
Unless you have proof that Bondfield bribed officials for contract, you are opening yourself up for a libel suit against you.

Unless you have proof that Bondfield bribed officials for contract, you are opening yourself up for a libel suit against you.
1638552164823.png

Passing through Kipling today, noticed TTC installing the 3rd trail track with ties in place and rail not 100% anchor down. Still a lot of work to be done, but could see service Q1 2022.

Catching a southbound Yonge subway train around 1 am, northbound trains were doing the follow the leader about every 1-2 minutes at Bloor as well to College. My train stop before entering the station and sound the horn. Was seeing notices of issues on the Yonge Line most of the day due to operation issues.

Subway service since the middle of November seems to have slowed down. I thought it was a one off but I’ve been noticing more so lately. Guess they padded the schedules on the subway more than ever.

Subway service since the middle of November seems to have slowed down. I thought it was a one off but I’ve been noticing more so lately. Guess they padded the schedules on the subway more than ever.
Another instance of Rick Leary just doing wonderful things for the TTC! :rolleyes:

Schedule padding has been a big problem ever since he took the role of "CEO".

They reduced service on Line 2 starting November 21, because of the operator shortage. https://www.ttc.ca/service-advisories/service-changes/TTC-service-changes

Which surprised me, as Line 1 was more frequent, and with downtown very quiet, had more excess capacity currently.

They reduced service on Line 2 starting November 21, because of the operator shortage. https://www.ttc.ca/service-advisories/service-changes/TTC-service-changes
Dont buy that BS from them, that's only half the reason. The other half is due to cost cutting, plain and simple.

They're just using the disguise of "operator shortage" for their own convenience to minimize the blood on their hands. Ever since the cutting, its very common to see B-D line trains packed as if it's rush hour during the evening periods. Apparently COVID is no longer a thing, and we can pack up trains to the brim. Which is funny because they are telling people to wear masks on vehicles, as if that makes a difference when the train is packed to near capacity.

Dont buy that BS from them, that's only half the reason. The other half is due to cost cutting, plain and simple.
Then it would be across-the-board cuts, rather than just here and there.

If it was cost-cutting, they'd have moved to Christmas-week cuts service-levels across the network months ago. They haven't. I've seen no indication that the board intends to cut service permanently, other than transit fans quoting each other.

Then it would be across-the-board cuts, rather than just here and there.

If it was cost-cutting, they'd have moved to Christmas-week cuts service-levels across the network months ago. They haven't. I've seen no indication that the board intends to cut service permanently, other than transit fans quoting each other.
Um...that's exactly what we saw take place. Have you not seen how much bus service has been hacked across the city? It's not here and there, it's system wide.

Back