News   Jul 15, 2024
 684     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 863     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 623     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

If you need to bypass the main interchange because of an unsafe level of overcrowding, just what kind of transit system are you operating?

AoD

There were back to back medical emergencies at Museum and at the same time one at Davisville. Luckily I heard it from the on-board announcements. The PA system only talked about Signal problems in the east end and not any PA announcement about the overcrowding nor the Line 1 medical emergencies at Museum.

1.5 hours instead of 40 minute commute.

There were back to back medical emergencies at Museum and at the same time one at Davisville. Luckily I heard it from the on-board announcements. The PA system only talked about Signal problems in the east end and not any PA announcement about the overcrowding nor the Line 1 medical emergencies at Museum.

I am counting my lucky stars that I just missed the show - I got on at Y+B just when they announced there was a fire investigation/shutdown at Eglinton. The in train announcements was inaudible par the course.

AoD

Oh but look, our fearless leader and his lieutenants think Smarttrack will deliver us from this scourge! (well, ATC and "incentives" for riding off peak" anyways, since that former point is already scratched).

AoD

Ughhh, that looks awful. This is an issue we will need to bear in mind even when RL long is in place. Closures on Line 1 would overwhelm the Relief Line. Relief Relief Line anyone? :rolleyes:

During my commute this morning, during my attempted transfer at St. George, crowds were backed up to the edge of the platform at a standstill DOWNSTAIRS, unable to make it up to the Line 1 platform. I felt especially bad for anyone just trying to get outside - no luck for them either in that crowd.

I was there a little later and was good at squeezing through so was only stuck there for about 20 minutes - seemed like others were stuck a fair bit longer.

I'm glad today's morning commute is being discussed. It really does show how little redundancy our network has.

Why don't we move emergencies on board of trains to the platforms? Most of the emergencies are trivial, let alone intentional misuses...

It's not just the delays that are infuriating – you starve a system of adequate funding for 30 years, things are gonna break, I get it – it's the lack of communication. Mrs Hominem left the house 15 minutes before I did, and I wound up meeting her on the platform at Spadina; she said there'd been one southbound train, too full to board, in all that time, and no announcements. We eventually managed to cram on a 510 after another 20 minutes. Still no announcements about southbound service on University. The same thing happened when Line 2 went belly-up a few weeks ago. If we'd known the subway was so messed up we'd have just gone straight to the streetcar, or over to Bay for the bus or something, but it's impossible to make an informed decision when you don't know what's happening.

Looks like the morning rush was a complete and utter disaster on Line 1 - the level of overcrowding is definitely at a level I would call unsafe without *any* hesitation. John Tory need to stop f****ng around the issue and accelerate DRL with all the urgency one can (and even cannot) muster.

https://www.blogto.com/city/2018/01/ttc-was-total-chaos-during-mornings-commute/

AoD.
My greatest source of frustration is that RELIEF LONG is not the minimum required for a Richmond Hill extension. Seems like all parties seems fine with Relief short.SMH

During my commute this morning, during my attempted transfer at St. George, crowds were backed up to the edge of the platform at a standstill DOWNSTAIRS, unable to make it up to the Line 1 platform. I felt especially bad for anyone just trying to get outside - no luck for them either in that crowd.

I was there a little later and was good at squeezing through so was only stuck there for about 20 minutes - seemed like others were stuck a fair bit longer.

I'm glad today's morning commute is being discussed. It really does show how little redundancy our network has.

Seriously, what will it take for them to hurry the **** up? A few deaths accidents stemming from overcrowding, perhaps? Stop ******* waiting for the election year.

AoD

Third world country...

DUzIkN-WAAYwUfu.jpg

Attachments

• DUzIkN-WAAYwUfu.jpg
    DUzIkN-WAAYwUfu.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 387

The photos/videos of the crowds at the staircase and walkways is what perturbed me most - you basically have a situation where you have an enclosed space with blocked egress points, and that's a recipe for disaster. All it takes is a slight stampede to get things going the wrong way.

AoD

Last edited:

Back