News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 460     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Yeah I would say so. I figured I might as well do one for the Youtube and then make new ones with each new line opening. However I expect some new lines will add a lot of time (I thought the same for Eglinton but starting at Kennedy you could take the Up down to Bloor from Mt. Dennis).

My projection is somewhere between 3 and 4 hours depending on how well the times line up.
Are you trying to be the Torontonian Geoff Marshall?

Unfortunately it's soo much less exciting than London ;-)

What happened with the font size for news on the platform screens? Around Jan 1 it changed to teeny tiny type. The news source may have changed, too - it’s Global now, not sure if it was that before. But now the font is so small that only young people will be able to read it from more than 10-15 feet away. Didn’t we go through this when the screens were new and then somebody realized it was too small and made it a decent size?

What happened with the font size for news on the platform screens? Around Jan 1 it changed to teeny tiny type. The news source may have changed, too - it’s Global now, not sure if it was that before. But now the font is so small that only young people will be able to read it from more than 10-15 feet away. Didn’t we go through this when the screens were new and then somebody realized it was too small and made it a decent size?
Scroll back a few pages for your answer.

That would be an honor but, with the transit system set to expand drastically in coming years I would love to film it. I enjoy a lot of transit videos but his have always taken the cake because he brings a certain charm and some nice human elecment to otherwise somewhat robotic videos. And while several people have mentioned how our system is less interesting to London and to a degree that would be expected (its much smaller and younger) Toronto actually has lots of interesting stuff with regards to stations and off service patterns and historic sites, but more importantly I'm excited about all the videos to come when ION, Eglinton, Finch, Hamilton, Missasauga, RER etc open, PLUS all the new vehicles etc on the way, all which I think would be great to document.
Cool. I'm subscribed!

Does it say anywhere how the new $1.50 discount will work with the TTC times two program? Or do we need to get a paper transfer at trip origin?

Does it say anywhere how the new $1.50 discount will work with the TTC times two program? Or do we need to get a paper transfer at trip origin?

From link.

If you ride the TTC immediately before and after a GO Train/Bus or UP Express train trip, you can use the TTC transfer from your first TTC ride to board the second TTC vehicle. PRESTO card customers require a paper transfer on these routes to prevent a second fare from being deducted from their card.

Likely will change with implementation of the 2-hour transfer by August, 2018.

From link.

Likely will change with implementation of the 2-hour transfer by August, 2018.
Well that doesn't make sense.

Say I take a bus to Old Cummer station, the bus won't give me a transfer (if paying with Presto). How do I transfer at Union?

Did you catch the burst pipe at Midland? I got there around 2ish and my train got flagged down going westbound by another employee in a bit of a panic.

The operator got out, opened a door and water gushed out. The original employee proclaimed oh shit and called someone.
20180106_135538.jpg

Attachments

• 20180106_135538.jpg
    20180106_135538.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 339
IMG_20180107_215232.jpg
Flooding at Eglinton station south entrance. Coming from the ceiling, just beyond the fare gates. Spilling a bit down the stairs onto the platform.

Attachments

• IMG_20180107_215232.jpg
    IMG_20180107_215232.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Flooding at Eglinton station south entrance. Coming from the ceiling, just beyond the fare gates. Spilling a bit down the stairs onto the platform.

Bay had flooding at some point next to the fare gates. Had a cordoned off area with a bucket.

Looks like water mains across the city are just tapping out from all of the bone chilling cold we've had for the past 2 weeks. I'm actually surprised we haven't been hearing of more cases like this.

Looks like water mains across the city are just tapping out from all of the bone chilling cold we've had for the past 2 weeks. I'm actually surprised we haven't been hearing of more cases like this.
Why do water mains break when the weather is cold? [Mods - so sorry to ask here]

Back