News   Jul 16, 2024
 620     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 569     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 710     2 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Aug 18
Finally got the chance to checkout The Queensway Track Replacement.

As it stands today, TTC needs to splice 4 rails east of Colborne Lodge platform so the contractor can pour the the concrete to anchor the small area of ties and then pour the top coat for it as well the missing section to the platform. TTC better get in there tonight or the weekend, otherwise holding the contractor up. Once done, the new ROW will be pour from Parkside Stop to the west side of Colborne Lodge.

Support poles on either side of the track which is odd, as I was expecting to see what was used on the QQW and Cherry St lines. Wouldn't be surprise to see wires tie between the poles to support the overhead. EMS/Fire Department will like this, considering they don't on QQW that I have seen so far.

The concrete for this area is 6-7 feet thick to get a gently slope than before. TTC drives will be open the cars up to greater speed than before for this new ROW. Then they better watch out for the supervisors with the radar gun who was checking the car speed at the crosswalk west of Broadview on Queen yesterday going both way.

Nothing is done west of Colborne Lodge to where it goes over the Humber.

Concrete has started to be pour on both sides of the centre lanes for the bridge over the Humber.

From the bridge to the loop, again nothing done, but looks like a combination of centre poles to poles both side of the ROW.

Looks like TTC is building a new substation to the west of the 2nd loop.

Late 2018 opening for this new ROW and loop at this time.
36613063966_4fb9b0cfe0_b.jpg

36613073446_948673d818_b.jpg

36613076986_154b6aca8f_b.jpg

35850141843_f651b3d4d9_b.jpg

35850145353_10f4cda295_b.jpg

I think that for the 501 streetcars to reach full speed on The Queensway right-of-way, we need two things to happen.

One, proper transit signal priority. Where the streetcars will not have to stop before the intersection, and get their separate green as they come up.

Two, transit gate. They have them with other LRT. We should make The Queensway an experiment and install them. Tinker with them until we get them right, before installing them on the suburban LRT line.

maxresdefault.jpg

With or without the bells.

Use The Queensway right-of-way as experimental grounds. Experiment with transit signals.

I think that for the 501 streetcars to reach full speed on The Queensway right-of-way, we need two things to happen.

One, proper transit signal priority. Where the streetcars will not have to stop before the intersection, and get their separate green as they come up.

Two, transit gate. They have them with other LRT. We should make The Queensway an experiment and install them. Tinker with them until we get them right, before installing them on the suburban LRT line.

... but then the taxis have to wait....

We also know that some idiot is going to stop on them and then they get hit and make a bog mess for everyone.

Does anyone here know what the letters S.C. after the 510 Spadina mean I've noticed it recently on next bus and the TTC message boards in the stations for the next arrival tines?

Does anyone here know what the letters S.C. after the 510 Spadina mean I've noticed it recently on next bus and the TTC message boards in the stations for the next arrival times?
Never mind I think I figured it out on my own as I looked and it's next t all of the streetcar routes that currently have streetcars. I guess they must think people are stupid and need to be what waht type of vechle is on a route.

I just saw a bus on the 31 Greenwood route with a wrap for a paralegal who helps you beat drunk driving charges. Somehow is strikes me as the ultimate irony on a public transit vehicle.

Never mind I think I figured it out on my own as I looked and it's next t all of the streetcar routes that currently have streetcars. I guess they must think people are stupid and need to be what waht type of vechle is on a route.
Except not everything is correct.
501 Queen S.C. is currently a bus route. 511 Bathurst has not S.C suffix even through it is the one that should get it to distinguish against the 7 Bathurst bus. 509, 510 and 514 doesn't have S.C. either. Clearly the person updating the name doesn't care.

Back