News   Jul 19, 2024
 686     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.2K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1K     2 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Tory's turning out to be Rob Ford without the crack.

If not crack then he must be smoking something else if he really believes he can keep taxes low while building a subway in Scarb, Dumbtrack on Eglinton, boosting TTC service, rebuilding the Gardiner, and finding efficiencies.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but the King st bridge is open for at least car traffic now.
Didn't see any street cars on it while I was there.

IMAG0474.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0474.jpg
    IMAG0474.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 452
Wasn't sure where to post this, but the King st bridge is open for at least car traffic now.
Didn't see any street cars on it while I was there.
Streetcars returned this morning - it was an amazing quick ride from Carroll to Ontario with the crawl down Parliament

Steve Munro has an article on his website, including picture of cars running through Corktown. Much of the discussion about this has been in the Corktown thread, with the reopening discussion starting with http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/6406-Corktown?p=1004874#post1004874 on Monday.

Cranky train conductor at Union: "On a morning like today transit control still thinks it needs to hold and dispatch trains to make the headway. No idea why. So we're just gonna sit here until the light turns green."

I waited about four minutes for that train to arrive. And it waited about a two minutes before departing.

Anyone have any info on what caused everything (all comms systems, phones, etc.) to go down this morning? Just a huge power failure?

If a train goes through a red, won't the train stop automatically anyways?

It sounds like he was implying transit control could switch the light to green. It wasn't held because of another train in front, it was stopped at a timing point.

Back