News   Oct 08, 2024
 238     0 
News   Oct 08, 2024
 232     0 
News   Oct 07, 2024
 1.8K     3 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

They should just paint it grey and be done with it. Concrete walls would never clean easily. At least it doesn't have ugly patch work unlike York U.
They can paint it in a rainbow colour if they want, but there's nothing saving that station unless they clad over the concrete.

A friend of mine submitted a complaint to the Mayor's office about these very walls, at this very station, a few weeks back.

He forwarded me the reply he ultimately got from TTC, which defensively suggested the walls had been cleaned quite recently.

They even sent a photo to prove it (do they routinely photograph themselves doing routine work?)

View attachment 602348
Friday, August 16, 2024 – Cleaning Crew – Warden Station

My friend replied and suggested they consider alternative cleaning techniques!
I seem to recall the TTC had a tunnel washing car at one point in the past. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but I remember it being named "Krystal Kleen." Maybe @smallspy can recall?

I believe the Ministry of Environment ordered the TTC to treat the waste water before allowing it down the storm drains. I also believe the (very effective, but harmful) chemicals the TTC was using were also an issue for the MoE. Hence that was the end of the tunnel washer, and the end of clean station platform walls.

Since the end of 2025 is round the corner as the drop dead date for accessibility requirements, what are TTC plans having doors at bus terminals to meet the requirements???

Since the end of 2025 is round the corner

Did you mean 2024?

The target for compliance in the AODA is January 1st, 2025.

Currently, it appears the TTC is tracking to have to have 57/70 stations accessible by the deadline, with work to wrap at Glencairn and Castle Frank before year end.

Work will not be complete at Lawrence, Summerhill, Rosedale, College, King, Museum, Spadina Greenwood, Warden, Old Mill, Islington, High Park and Christie.

as the drop dead date for accessibility requirements, what are TTC plans having doors at bus terminals to meet the requirements???

As to mitigation, the last I remember hearing of it was the September '23 report to the TTC Board:

From the above:

1728386346576.png

Back