News   Jul 31, 2024
 450     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 446     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 373     2 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Not a fan of the holier than thou attitude a lot of people here talk. As if nobody has every made a mistake on UT

You don't have to be a fan of anything - said member is responsible for making decisions for a system with a billion dollar budget that millions of citizens depend on, if that's not a place to demand excellence and keen attention, where is?

AoD

I'm pointing out unless you're their physican we don't always have the facts. It reminds me of this story

I knew you are going to drag this up - one is a local fare collector; the other is responsible for decisions that can cost millions. Level of responsibility comes with commensurate increase in expectations. So if the commissioner napped through it all, didn’t pay attention to any of the details or ask pertinent questions and voted - who is responsible for any errors and costs that may arise? The city.

AoD

Last edited:
I knew you are going to drag this up - one is a local fare collector; the other is responsible for a decisions that can cost millions. Level of responsibility comes with commensurate increase in expectations.

AoD
I brought it up because I've dealt with a similar thing in person. (Sales rep got a lot less responsive, my manager rearmed her over the phone for being "lazy", turns out their daughter had died and we found out though a gofundme)

We should all try to be a bit kinder to each other!

If you have a medical condition that means you can't stay awake on the job, whether you're a fare collector or a commissioner, you should be on medical leave rather than working. The TTC has comprehensive benefits. And a culture that permits someone to sleep on the job rather than figuring out what the issue is and addressing it is a culture that has to be changed. It's not being unkind.

If you have a medical condition that means you can't stay awake on the job, whether you're a fare collector or a commissioner, you should be on medical leave rather than working. The TTC has comprehensive benefits. And a culture that permits someone to sleep on the job rather than figuring out what the issue is and addressing it is a culture that has to be changed. It's not being unkind.
because our healthcare is amazing at diagnosing people right now.....

Back