News   Jul 25, 2024
 291     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 346     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 431     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Don't forget that 10 and as many as 30% at times of folks on urban main streets these days are perceiving the world through a haze of very hard drugs, untreated mental illness, or both.
Which area of the city are you seeing that?

Perhaps pre-Covid outside a homeless shelter, when they used to kick everyone out in the morning - or when there used to be line-ups for methadone clinics; though I personally never witnessed a real problem at either of those locations.

Can you provide a source for that, please?

I know that a drug problem is rampant, but suggesting 10-30% of the people you meet on the street are on hard drugs, mentally ill, or both, is a staggering allegation, and it certainly does not seem to reflect the reality as I see it.
Perhaps he meant in the immediate area in which this accident occurred, in Parkdale, where those numbers might not be that far off 🤣

TTC overhead system or tracks had a fire last night at Queen and Spadina or it could have been the hydro lines
Source unknown
1720164491092.png

TTC overhead system or tracks had a fire last night at Queen and Spadina or it could have been the hydro lines
Source unknown
View attachment 577805

TTC is testing out a Flux Capacitor to see if they can make streetcars run on schedule.

More seriously, it's a film set. You can see the crew to the left of the flames and another team ready to put the flames out on the sidewalk.

Last edited:
Which area of the city are you seeing that?

Perhaps pre-Covid outside a homeless shelter, when they used to kick everyone out in the morning - or when there used to be line-ups for methadone clinics; though I personally never witnessed a real problem at either of those locations.
I actually live in Ottawa currently. I would stand behind that figure for a few areas in Centretown, Hintonburg, Lowertown, especially mornings and after dark. Certainly not all areas or times of day. I visited Peterborough a while back and found the downtown unsettling, so it's not just bigger centers. Problems in Belleville and Pembroke have been in the news. Anyway, off topic.

Looks like the heritage fleet is getting smaller

No one knows where the ALRV is theses days as it is not at Russell anymore and it cannot use the overhead anymore. Still no official word if pans will be added to the fleet
<https://cdn.ttc.ca/-/media/Project/...fad8df5&hash=BAF58DFDA6862D26A29197035E402826>
on a related note i find it appalling but unsurprising how after over 10 years they still havnt converted everything to pantos yet... more dragging of their heels on infrastructure upgrades

1720192196823.png

Looks like the heritage fleet is getting smaller

No one knows where the ALRV is theses days as it is not at Russell anymore and it cannot use the overhead anymore. Still no official word if pans will be added to the fleet
<https://cdn.ttc.ca/-/media/Project/...fad8df5&hash=BAF58DFDA6862D26A29197035E402826>
Getting smaller? What?

What do you allege is missing? The document you linked doesn't say anything has gone away - it even mentions that the ALRV is still a part of the collection.

If the ALRV is not at Russell or Leslie, then the only other logical location for it to be is Hillcrest, which is exactly where it was last publicly displayed in 2022. The most recent information I have been given is that there is a plan to retrofit the streetcars with pantographs, but it is subject to funding and time. There is nothing to suggest any of the heritage fleet is going anywhere.

Back