News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

The TTC Board has had a second "Special" meeting in December for many years and the meeting has always dealt with budget approval for the next year. Sometimes it also has other business and I guess we will soon see if that's also true in 2023/.
One can always hope its the good by Rick meeting. In the past, many things took place at these extra meetings

One can always hope its the good by Rick meeting. In the past, many things took place at these extra meetings
Im sure if were to be about Leary, they wouldn't wait till Dec 20th.

Last meeting about Leary, the special meeting happened within days if not hours.

I believe Leary will safe for the remainder of the year. And if he does indeed get through the budget process , they might as well keep him until 2026 when his contract runs out.

I wonder if when that's comple if they will do the work to chage the routing throughj kebedy sation and redo the fare gate lines.
At the north end of the east GO platform, you will be able to get to the LRT by using the stair or elevator as well using the current route.

At the west end of the current concourse route, there will be another access point to the LRT that is currently block off. Both access points to the LRT will have fare gates to gain access to the LRT centre platform.

Don't see any changes to access TTC like it is today, as some people use the concourse as a short cut to/from Kennedy Rd.

You have the Eglinton entrance that will allow people to gain access to the LRT, TTC and GO that will have a fare gate to get to the LRT as well.

At the north end of the east GO platform, you will be able to get to the LRT by using the stair or elevator as well using the current route.

At the west end of the current concourse route, there will be another access point to the LRT that is currently block off. Both access points to the LRT will have fare gates to gain access to the LRT centre platform.

Don't see any changes to access TTC like it is today, as some people use the concourse as a short cut to/from Kennedy Rd.

You have the Eglinton entrance that will allow people to gain access to the LRT, TTC and GO that will have a fare gate to get to the LRT as well.
The problem is the concours has two entrances to the LRT in an unpaid area with no way to get to it from the fare paid are. When I asked about it someone sent a drawing of the new routes though the station and the current mezzanine level is supposed to become all fare paid with anew path over the LRT that is in an unpaid are to the go train station. I was wondering if anyone has any idea how or when they will change thigs around and hopefully it's not something tat will take place on opening day of the LRT

The problem is the concours has two entrances to the LRT in an unpaid area with no way to get to it from the fare paid are. When I asked about it someone sent a drawing of the new routes though the station and the current mezzanine level is supposed to become all fare paid with anew path over the LRT that is in an unpaid are to the go train station. I was wondering if anyone has any idea how or when they will change thigs around and hopefully it's not something tat will take place on opening day of the LRT
There are 3 locations with fare gates to gain access to TTC today and don't see that changing. When the LRT opens, riders will exit either TTC/LRT pay area and walk to LRT/TTC paid area and tap to get into the paid area.

What you are trying to do is have riders pay a fare to get to/from GO when they shouldn't have to when they have no need for TTC or the LRT in the first place other than for GO or just walking through the area as a short cut.

Again, I see nothing wrong with the current layout and no need to make changes come end of 2024 or in 2025 when the LRT opens other than just wasting money doing so.

There are 3 locations with fare gates to gain access to TTC today and don't see that changing. When the LRT opens, riders will exit either TTC/LRT pay area and walk to LRT/TTC paid area and tap to get into the paid area.

What you are trying to do is have riders pay a fare to get to/from GO when they shouldn't have to when they have no need for TTC or the LRT in the first place other than for GO or just walking through the area as a short cut.

Again, I see nothing wrong with the current layout and no need to make changes come end of 2024 or in 2025 when the LRT opens other than just wasting money doing so.
None of the curet entrences have any acces to the crosstwon or any of the new routes through the sation. Yoiu clearly have no clue what you are talking about at all . When I asked the same thing in aother forom i was given this as a reply. https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/toronto-crosstown-lrt-m-s.11782/post-1998903

The TTC showing off their holiday train this year. A number of systems have holiday trains and buses. Chicago being one of the more extravagant. Is this the first year for the TTC? Maybe my memory is bad.

The TTC used to run a special Christmas bus between 1955 and 1960.
christmas-bus-1956.jpg

Looking forward to see what kind of replacement names our enlightened leaders put forth for the stations. Perhaps they will go the Metrolinx route and name the station after some rando, like the Hurontario LRT.

Or perhaps we'll see one of those super helpful, informative "neighbourhood names" that are supposed to "help people get where they're going", such as "Garden District", "Downtown Yonge", or "Yonge Bay Corridor." For Dundas West, "West Bend", "High Park-Swansea", or "High Park North" I'm sure will help travellers find their way.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Looking forward to see what kind of replacement names our enlightened leaders put forth for the stations. Perhaps they will go the Metrolinx route and name the station after some rando, like the Hurontario LRT.

Or perhaps we'll see one of those super helpful, informative "neighbourhood names" that are supposed to "help people get where they're going", such as "Garden District", "Downtown Yonge", or "Yonge Bay Corridor." For Dundas West, "West Bend", "High Park-Swansea", or "High Park North" I'm sure will help travellers find their way.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dundas will take on some type of TMU branding, the deal w/the City has TMU paying for that.

* assuming the item passes

This is the relevant section:

1702578110676.png

Back