News   May 14, 2024
 227     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 336     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.2K     1 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

It's an all day party down on York Street. The number of idling buses out of service is ridiculous, and they're there all day long.
Sometimes it even gets up to eight.
IMG_20230508_184645.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PL1
Well it looks like the TTC will 99.9% go on strike as soon as the ATU's next contract is up. Workers are disgruntled like i've never seen, and Rick Leary is an inept idiot who's doing nothing to address their concerns. With the Ontario Line construction going into full swing along with the Gardiner reconstruction project, the union will have all the cards because this city will be a complete construction mess by that time.

This ruling caught me completely off guard and i'm quite surprised by it.

It's an all day party down on York Street. The number of idling buses out of service all day long is ridiculous.
View attachment 475479
Welcome to Rick Leary's TTC, where bus schedules are beautifully padded and buses on bustituted routes play games with the schedule because of how there's virtually no route management anywhere and how the schedules are written.

This picture is a perfect illustration of how the TTC wastes its limited resources.

It's an all day party down on York Street. The number of idling buses out of service all day long is ridiculous.
View attachment 475479

The profound waste of resources is incredibly offensive. But full thanks to @Jonny5 for documenting as much!

I would be shocked and say that he's a tool, but this kind of attitude is par for the course for most upper management at most companies these days. Always hiding away, never lifting a finger to help solve any problems, and if you do have the misfortune of seeing them it's usually so that they can blame the front line workers for some stupid garbage. I would fully support the TTC going on strike if for no other reason than to demand this guy resign.

Huh - the TTC was apparently blaming employee absenteeism for some of the service cuts, leading the union to issue a strong statement calling Rick Leary out.
Sounds like the exact same BS that Leary was peddling during the pandemic that there were large amounts of employees that were absent and not showing up, which was leading to scheduled runs not running. It's just a matter of time before the workers strike, and when they do i guarantee it will be the largest and longest strike in TTC history as long as this clown CEO is around.

Here's some more details regarding your post @allengeorge (it's pretty much a summary of what you said):

The young man, (teen) who made the unfortunate, decision to attempt to climb on top of a moving TTC train has died from his injuries.

We now understanding that he attempted to do this by using the doors that connect train cars on Line 2 and attempting to climb up between them.

Huh - the TTC was apparently blaming employee absenteeism for some of the service cuts, leading the union to issue a strong statement calling Rick Leary out.
Though TTC 'management' is certainly remarkably clueless, what I think they actually said was that because operators were using less sick-leave than predicted (less covid) they had more $$ to spend on service. Not a totally unreasonable reason - though as we all know, they would actually be able to offer MORE service at NO additional cost if they actually managed the service they do have.

Edit: To quote Steve Munro: "The additional subway service is made possible by an unexpectedly lower absentee rate among operators compared to budget. The TTC made a larger provision for covid-related sickness and finds itself with more available staff."

The young man, (teen) who made the unfortunate, decision to attempt to climb on top of a moving TTC train has died from his injuries.

We now understanding that he attempted to do this by using the doors that connect train cars on Line 2 and attempting to climb up between them.
Darwin Award...

Back