News   Aug 09, 2024
 440     2 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 457     0 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 1.4K     1 

TTC: McNicoll Bus Garage (Approved)

The MCNICOLL BUS GARAGE TRANSIT PROJECT ASSESSMENT STUDY is available for download from this link.

It is recommended that the Board:

1. Approve the McNicoll Bus Garage Draft Environmental Project Report,

2. Note that two Public Information Centers as well as several consultation meetings with the local Councillor, adjacent property owners, and local community groups have been held. Additional public outreach will be conducted beginning in September 2014 and the Board will be advised of the results of these meetings, and

3. Forward this report to City Council through the appropriate committee for approval, and to authorize staff to submit the Environmental Project Report (EPR) to the Ministry of Environment.

So now the NIMBYs calls themselves "The Coalition Against McNicoll Bus Garage " Lets see what they have to say:

The TTC garage will put the lives of more than 7,000 people at risk

This McNicoll garage project will cause severe traffic congestion and pose severe health and safety risks to the residents … . To plunge this bus garage in this residential community is totally unacceptable, illogical and against common sense

Nobody can guarantee whether there will be an explosion at the facility or not but this is the scene that will happen if there is an explosion at the facility, windows are going to shatter. What they’re going to have is, they’re going to have a sudden death of heart attack, they’re going to have a sudden death of suffocation, they’re going to have a sudden death of burns. Will we want to put ourselves in this position?

Of course the TTC has already addressed their concerns. Do these people oppose gas stations too?

The TTC says it has already amended its plans so as to address residents’ concerns, including moving the above-ground fuel tanks, the bus repair bays and the vehicle entrance.

http://globalnews.ca/video/1464866/community-group-says-ttc-garage-will-put-lives-at-stake

So now the NIMBYs calls themselves "The Coalition Against McNicoll Bus Garage " Lets see what they have to say:

Oh my fucking god.

Can someone remind me the last time on the planet earth that a diesel bus garage blew up?

Idiots ...

Yeah buses explode spontaneously all the time.

I actually watched the clip and it's hilarious.. it shows multiple views where it's acres of completely empty fields.

Firstly, diesel buses use diesel oil not gasoline. Diesel oil is the same oil used in home heating oil, just a different colour and taxes. Diesel oil does not explode like gasoline, it can burn, but not explode. The volatile crude oil that exploded in Lac-Mégantic was a Class 3, PG II product. See link.

The board also noted that the oil involved in the accident should have been classified as a more dangerous flammable liquid than the train’s placards indicated. The report said the oil from the cars was a Class 3, PG II product, although it had been documented as a less volatile, Class 3 PG III.

The agency took oil samples from nine tank cars that were intact after the crash and subjected them to a rigorous analysis.

The samples were consistent a light, sweet crude oil, with volatility comparable to that of a condensate or gasoline product.

Oh my fucking god.

Can someone remind me the last time on the planet earth that a diesel bus garage blew up?

Idiots ...

I love how they used the Sunrise propane explosion from a few years ago as an example of the perils that could somehow be inflicted by this bus garage.

Firstly, diesel buses use diesel oil not gasoline. Diesel oil is the same oil used in home heating oil, just a different colour and taxes. Diesel oil does not explode like gasoline, it can burn, but not explode. The volatile crude oil that exploded in Lac-Mégantic was a Class 3, PG II product. See link.

Get out of here with your filthy facts!

What about the explosive natural gas used in their own building? Natural gas explodes should it escape and gets ignited.

[video=youtube_share;DgWAenS9kzc]http://youtu.be/DgWAenS9kzc[/video]

Maybe they better get out of their building.

Exactly - Diesel will explode only if ignited when in vapour form. You can drop a match in a pool of diesel and nothing will happen.

Well, I am sure said residents never use natural gas heating, drive a car or ride on buses. Of course, if they are really honest about it, they would have said that they are worried that the garage will reduce their property value, but that would make them sound awfully selfish. Got to use some non-existent health argument instead.

AoD

Last edited:
Wonder if the very same people who worry about "health issues" with the bus garage, disregard the "health issues" within their own home or to themselves. (Like smoking, over prescription of drugs, etc.)

Well...

SoundofJackhammers.jpg

Back