News   Jul 19, 2024
 938     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 4K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.2K     4 

TTC: Lower Bay Station (closed to public)

Came across one of those 360 degree youtube videos of Lower Bay Station. Click and drag your mouse around to move the camera. Not the best quality, but still kind of cool.

Was down here for a 'rave' and having never gotten to see it, impressions: the long uninterrupted space make this platform far nicer than any of the other centre platforms currently in the legacy network (excluding 2017 stations).

Fun venue and vibes were good.

1000007166.jpg
1000007167.jpg

Was down here for a 'rave' and having never gotten to see it, impressions: the long uninterrupted space make this platform far nicer than any of the other centre platforms currently in the legacy network (excluding 2017 stations).

View attachment 582043View attachment 582044
I'm more than a little jealous but the ticket prices were far too much for party without an international headliner.

Maybe I'll see if they need a photographer/videographer for the next one, if there is another. 🤞

View attachment 582043View attachment 582044
Surprised there was no train parked there to stop someone from falling off the platform in the dark.

As someone who is in bed pretty early these days, I have to ask.... how logistically does one hold a function down there? Washrooms ? Bar or refreshment service? Access control? Accoustics ?

- Paul

I'm more than a little jealous but the ticket prices were far too much for party without an international headliner.

Maybe I'll see if they need a photographer/videographer for the next one, if there is another. 🤞

Agreed, got in on early ticket prices which were about half the final price, but not knowing who's playing until a week before is really quite a gamble. I was worried the price would suck the vibe out, but it was fun, even if it was really humid.

I generally stick to the community driven scene anyways since they put in free shows, but as a transit nerd I couldn't help but spend for this one!

As someone who is in bed pretty early these days, I have to ask.... how logistically does one hold a function down there? Washrooms ? Bar or refreshment service? Access control? Accoustics ?

- Paul

The entrance is just one door, so the access is pretty limited, there was TTC officers around, keeping people from the edge, etc. You could get off the system and come back on without needing to tap by showing TTC staff your tickets. Once you got your wristband you could travel around freely.

They said it would be a no alcohol event but they were serving a few limited mixed cocktails and candy which was kindof odd, also non inclusive of ticket price. People came somewhat high or drunk already so I guess it didn't bother everyone.

Logistically the washroom problem was supposed to be solved by the ability to leave the venue, hop on over to Bloor-Yonge and use the washrooms there, but those are out of service so it was basically a free for all.

I guess there was a conveniently located trough.

(I don't now how it met the city health department standards without some kind of washroom - perhaps the ones in the shopping centres next to the station were enough)

I guess there was a conveniently located trough.

(I don't now how it met the city health department standards without some kind of washroom - perhaps the ones in the shopping centres next to the station were enough)

Every station has staff washrooms, whether these were opened for the event, I don't know.

Back