News   May 03, 2024
 604     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 377     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 212     0 

TTC: Jane (LRT) RapidTO

I am skeptical how much of a priority Jane LRT is compared to all the other transit projects in the city. It will be a rather costly LRT.

Me too. If anything, I'd like to see it be a branch of the Eglinton LRT north of Eglinton, with the portion south of Eglinton dropped. That route could run from Steeles to Kennedy Station or Science Centre Station via Jane and Eglinton.

Me too. If anything, I'd like to see it be a branch of the Eglinton LRT north of Eglinton, with the portion south of Eglinton dropped. That route could run from Steeles to Kennedy Station or Science Centre Station via Jane and Eglinton.
so what to do about travel between eglinton and Bloor?

so what to do about travel between eglinton and Bloor?

Keep the local bus route. The road is too narrow to put in a ROW, and the ridership isn't worth the expense of tunnelling. For riders destined for downtown, it actually eliminates a transfer, since they don't have to transfer at Jane Station and again at St. George. They just transfer once at Eglinton West.

Jane is wide enough for 2 tracks and 2 lanes south of Eglinton.

It's wide than King Street, which is also getting a ROW in this new plan.

Definitely not south of St. Clair though. It's a 4 lane cross section, like many Old Toronto arterials. King can be turned into a ROW because of the number of parallel E-W arterials to handle the capacity. Jane has no such parallel options.

Definitely not south of St. Clair though. It's a 4 lane cross section, like many Old Toronto arterials. King can be turned into a ROW because of the number of parallel E-W arterials to handle the capacity. Jane has no such parallel options.
Jane south of St. Clair is mostly 20 metres wide - just like King. You can stick two lanes of traffic and two lanes of tracks.

What you can't do is stick four lanes of traffic and two lanes of tracks. But nothing stopping you eliminating parking - ala Sherbourne.

I laugh that last month the City releases 5 plans for an Eglinton West LRT and 3 of them have no stop at Jane. Now they propose a Jane LRT. The inmates are definitely running the asylum - just say what pops into your head without logical thought.
??? There were multiple plans for Eglinton West int the City release last month - but most were heavy rail (SmartTrack). As far as I know they only provided a single LRT option - and that's the one from the EA - which includes Jane:

upload_2016-2-16_13-3-55.png

You are likely mistakenly thinking of a report by a different government.

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-16_13-3-35.png
    upload_2016-2-16_13-3-35.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 316
  • upload_2016-2-16_13-3-55.png
    upload_2016-2-16_13-3-55.png
    750.3 KB · Views: 619
Although I love the idea of LRT on Jane, it does seem like it might be getting a bit rapid transit-heavy in that area of north North York compared with elsewhere. If this is the City's fantasy vision, I would've thought we'd also see the Don Mills LRT north of Sheppard proposed as well. Surely it'd have a heckuva lot more ridership than Jane north of Finch. North of Steeles Jane's bus ridership is in the hundreds, but it will have both a subway and LRT? Seems a tad rich.

Also we're seeing "Additional RT" on Steeles, and Hwy 7, but isn't the Prov's 407 Transitway (which I don't see listed) supposed to be completed around the same timeframe?

Jane south of St. Clair is mostly 20 metres wide - just like King. You can stick two lanes of traffic and two lanes of tracks.

What you can't do is stick four lanes of traffic and two lanes of tracks. But nothing stopping you eliminating parking - ala Sherbourne.

Not to sure how you could eliminate street parking by the business around Annette Street

By city by-law.

When I've walked around there in the past, it seems pretty minor. Could add a Green P. Or park on side streets - which many already do.

Where could you add the Green P? Also, most of the people going into the businesses park on Jane. Parking on the side streets are for the residents.

Keep the local bus route. The road is too narrow to put in a ROW, and the ridership isn't worth the expense of tunnelling. For riders destined for downtown, it actually eliminates a transfer, since they don't have to transfer at Jane Station and again at St. George. They just transfer once at Eglinton West.
I am confused. How does the Jane bus from Eglinton to Bloor eliminate transfer at St George and Jane St and just a transfer at Eglinton West? What route does this Jane bus take anyways? I assumed south to Bloor and then off you come and transfer (depending on destination) to Bloor subway, etc.

Back