News   Mar 28, 2024
 999     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 556     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 849     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

4477 Enter service on 514 at 6:03 am today

4480 is out on 509 and has been out all night as it was making its 2nd trip at 11.45 last night.

4479 still in service bay and may see it in service this afternoon or tomorrow.

4481 & 82 not tracking yet

4477 Enter service on 514 at 6:03 am today

4480 is out on 509 and has been out all night as it was making its 2nd trip at 11.45 last night.

4479 still in service bay and may see it in service this afternoon or tomorrow.

4481 & 82 not tracking yet

At this rate we will hit 4500 by the fall.

At this rate we will hit 4500 by the fall.
BBD got 9 days to ship 4 more cars to keep to current schedule with 4483 to arrive anytime now.

We should see 4500 by the end of 3rd Q.

It taken 4480 9 days to become traceable and do its first run.

4477 took 18 days to get into service and 10 days after its last run. 16 days so far 4479 since arrival and 10 days after its last run.

BBD got 9 days to ship 4 more cars to keep to current schedule with 4483 to arrive anytime now.

We should see 4500 by the end of 3rd Q.

It taken 4480 9 days to become traceable and do its first run.

4477 took 18 days to get into service and 10 days after its last run. 16 days so far 4479 since arrival and 10 days after its last run.

I wonder if there a point where the tech in the cars is so old it becomes obsolete before delivery much like the 90s where Microsoft delivered a new operating system over two years. Hooray for Windows 95... awwwwwww man...

World Cup coming to Canada as United bid wins effort to host soccer’s biggest showcase

See link.

With the 2026 FIFA World Cup coming and making use of the BOM field at Exhibition Place, that means streetcars (a lot of streetcars) will be needed to bring the crowds to and from BOM field. Hopefully, additional buses will not be needed, nor streetcars diverted from other routes. Also, any changes to Bathurst Street and Queens Quay would be completed in time.

4482 was out testing yesterday.
It was only off loaded yesterday, not Monday for some reason. Most likely heading to the Barns when you saw it. Same thing as 4481 a week ago.

It still not tracking.

With the 2026 FIFA World Cup coming and making use of the BOM field at Exhibition Place, that means streetcars (a lot of streetcars) will be needed to bring the crowds to and from BOM field. Hopefully, additional buses will not be needed, nor streetcars diverted from other routes. Also, any changes to Bathurst Street and Queens Quay would be completed in time.

Doesn't seem transportation requirements would be any higher than for the Pan Am games.

Yes, BMO field will be expanding but it's also only a single event at a time where Pan Am games held numerous events in that area.

Hopefully we put through the extra order(s) for 60 + 100 but I think we'll do okay.

^ and electrified GO RER to Exhibition.

It's 4 days. Surely we can schedule a half dozen additional diesel runs before/after the games on those days.

I very much want RER to be built; it's not a requirement for these games to run smoothly.

I very much want RER to be built; it's not a requirement for these games to run smoothly.

Sadly, as with the Pan Am games, the political bragging rights to show off the latest and the best for the city is what sctually gets transit projects moved along. #UPE #WestHarbour GO.

I'm holding my nose, but if this is what it takes to get Ontario moving, I'd say..... go for it.

- Paul

Sadly, as with the Pan Am games, the political bragging rights to show off the latest and the best for the city is what sctually gets transit projects moved along. #UPE #WestHarbour GO.

I'm holding my nose, but if this is what it takes to get Ontario moving, I'd say..... go for it.

- Paul
why are you holding your nose? I don't understand.

It's 4 days. Surely we can schedule a half dozen additional diesel runs before/after the games on those days.

My point was that with the World Cup coming in 2026, in theory GO RER will be up and running given it's supposed to be done by 2024-2025. That's why I said "hopefully".

Back