News   May 13, 2024
 347     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 619     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 997     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

We need a replacement for streetcar 4062 sooner than later.

See link.

View attachment 39641

Don't think they'll be fixing 4062, likely scrapping it.

Cynthia Mulligan quoted a TTC guy as saying both would be repaired at a total cost of about $100K. I really expected the bus at least to be a write-off, and CLRVs are difficult enough to repair and maintain as it is, no?

Cynthia Mulligan quoted a TTC guy as saying both would be repaired at a total cost of about $100K. I really expected the bus at least to be a write-off, and CLRVs are difficult enough to repair and maintain as it is, no?

That's a few months in the body shop at most by the look of it (not an expert in assessing body damage, just going by the pictures). The anti-climber probably kept the floor from buckling so it looks like some metal work above the windshield and a new stepwell. The bus can be fixed as well - the one that hit the flatbed truck on Lawrence near the DVP a few years ago with a fatality was probably about the same as this one. The body shop at Hillcrest works miracles. There have been CLRVs smashed up worse than this that came out good as new.

Because they are so far behind with getting the new streetcars, that by the time it takes to repair the old one, they will still need the old one. They are planning to refurbish some old ones, so 4062 might as well be one of the first ones.

Its 2015 and 4405 has miss another shipping date as well the rest of the fleet.

Was surprised that TTC gave out the end of the month time frame for the last write up by the Star or was that Christmas week? When I saw that date, I said I will believe it when the car is on a CP train heading to Toronto.

I was wrong on my date when we would see 4405 caused by this delay and will be interesting to see if 4406 shows up this month as noted by me months ago.

With the Pan Am games 6 months away, TTC could have 6-18 more cars on line to help with the moving of visitors to our city for the games let alone visiting us.

TTC needs to find the best cars that will hang around for another 10 years that are worth the extra cost and time to refurbish them by putting them in the shop now. Those cars should hang around longer as tourist cars roaming the system like the PCC.

With this delay, how many free streetcars will TTC get from the next order?

Maybe they have to redo the 4405 streetcar because they followed the wrong blueprints. They had to start all over again.

attachment.php

I was wrong. Q1 2031 was far too optimistic.

Based on the revised production rate, the next one should be here by the end of January, with the contract being completely fulfilled by Q4 2057.

I was wrong. Q1 2031 was far too optimistic.

Based on the revised production rate, the next one should be here by the end of January, with the contract being completely fulfilled by Q4 2057.

That sounds about right. That's the TTC way.

That's an excellent shot. It's also interesting to note that most of the utilities are located on the roof of the FLEXITY Outlook - the high-floor CLRV's have all their utilities mounted under the floor, so the roof is smooth.

Back